Window Regulator Replacement

Guys:

I think I have a window regulator problem in the driver's door of my '92 SC400. I heard a pop from inside the door while driving.

I've removed the door panel. How do I remove the regulator? Is there an aftermarket regulator anyone has used with good results?

Thanks

Guys:

I think I have a window regulator problem in the driver's door of my '92 SC400. I heard a pop from inside the door while driving.

I've removed the door panel. How do I remove the regulator? Is there an aftermarket regulator anyone has used with good results?

Thanks

-----------------------

dlloyd--

go to search and enter "window regulator" as keyword. there u will find several posts which will answer your questions.

lexie

Are you talking about how to remove the regulator from the window itself or from the door frame? I just took mine apart yesterday.

Also, does anyone have any good parts suppliers that have regulators?

Are you talking about how to remove the regulator from the window itself or from the door frame?  I just took mine apart yesterday.

-------------------------

I purchased new Lexus OEM regulator for '93 SC4000 for $120 total including

shipping.

The parts dealer is Spartan Motor Mall located in Lansing MI

ph# 1 800 333 8696 or 1 800 998 7557. Ask for Brad ...he is easy to

deal with and most likely will give you a discount. I received part 4 days aft

placing order. Have your VIN handy when ordering.

L

Are you talking about how to remove the regulator from the window itself or from the door frame?  I just took mine apart yesterday.

-------------------------

I purchased new Lexus OEM regulator for '93 SC4000 for $120 total including

shipping.

The parts dealer is Spartan Motor Mall located in Lansing MI

ph# 1 800 333 8696 or 1 800 998 7557. Ask for Brad ...he is easy to

deal with and most likely will give you a discount. I received part 4 days aft

placing order. Have your VIN handy when ordering.

L

Dang, I wish i would have seen that. I just ordered mine at $170 with 8.75 shipping. I am going to see if I can cancel the order and reorder from Spartan. Thanks

From the door frame. Thanks

Did you get this taken care of yet?

If not, there are 6 bolts. 3 on the upper right that holds the motor and 3 that hold the regulator. Once the 6 are taken off, you basically have to work the regulator and motor loose. It took me a few minutes but it finally released.

Well my regulator left yesterday and I didn't get to cancel the order and order the other one. Oh well....I will just bit the bullet and pay the extra $50. Although I have air I love to ride around town with the windows down.

Did you get this taken care of yet?

If not, there are 6 bolts. 3 on the upper right that holds the motor and 3 that hold the regulator. Once the 6 are taken off, you basically have to work the regulator and motor loose. It took me a few minutes but it finally released.

• 1 month later...

Thank You Very Much for the INFO Guys, I called Brad at Spartan Motor Mall located in Lansing MI. He Is "The Man", he gave me the hook up and shipped it out to CA. I should get it in about 4 day. Great Person to talk too, No Bull*BLEEP*.

If any of you are looking for Just the Window Actuator Give this man a Call.

ph# 1 800 333 8696 or 1 800 998 7557. Ask for Brad "The Man"

:cheers: to Brad