Nav Screen Cleaning

Hi, I am wondering if anyone can offer a solution for cleaning ( :D ) the NAV screen in the RX330.

I just noticed that our very new RX Nav screen is already showing unsightly fingerprint marks on the screen after less than 100 miles of driving. Will the fingerprint marks come off with wipes and some sort of cleaning solution?

I had seen Nav screen protectors in eBay, thought of purchasing them, then forgot about them until now. Any suggestions? Also, how good are the screen protectors?

I had the same exact problem. A few months ago someone on LOC told me to go to a computer store and buy an LCD screen fabric that can clean it safely.

It works great!! Just ask for the fabric for LCD screens.

Thanks, LexusKid630, I had purchased a fabric for my laptop lcd screen and it worked adequately for dust, but the fingerprint marks remain. That was why I did nto expect it to work with the RX Nav Screen. I will try it out though now that I have your suggestion. Is yours a particular brand? The one I bought from the computer store is 3M, Microfiber Notebook Computer Cleaning Cloth. claimed it could clean fingerprints from computer screens, but that has not been my experience. I will try it out in the car later. Thanks again.

A couple months ago I was in a Walmart store on found a box of Zeiss Lens Cloths.

The box contained 50 individual pre-moistened foil packets. It lists they can be used to clean eyeglasses, camera lenses, and computer screens. The box indicates the packets contain a folded cloth with isopropyl alcohol. They cost about $3.00 I recall and I've found them to work great on my NAV screen as well as on my eyeglasses. I just keep a number of them in the glove box to use as needed.

:rolleyes:

A couple months ago I was in a Walmart store on found a box of Zeiss Lens Cloths.

The box contained 50 individual pre-moistened foil packets. It lists they can be used to clean eyeglasses, camera lenses, and computer screens. The box indicates the packets contain a folded cloth with isopropyl alcohol. They cost about $3.00 I recall and I've found them to work great on my NAV screen as well as on my eyeglasses. I just keep a number of them in the glove box to use as needed.

:rolleyes:

Thanks for the specific recommendation. I appreciate it and I will try the Zeiss Lens Cloths, if Walmart still sells them. :) :D

Navigation or DVD Screen:

The screen is highly static and tends to attract dust like a magnet; so do not attempt to remove dust with a dry cloth. Use a 100% cotton towel or the Zeiss Lens Cloths suggested (and electronics `safe' anti-static cleaner (Kiwi Brands EndustTM for Electronics or Plexus) oil and wax free, also works well on both computer monitors and television screens.

JonM

• 5 months later...

I had the same problem and purchased a screen protector from Ebya for $15 shipped, I think it is a good investment, my concern was not only finerprints but also scratches. the screen protector still shows fingerprints but you can clean it too and dont have to worry about the screen itself.

I use Mequiar's Quik Interior Detailer on the IC and the Navigation screen as well as all the interior plastic. I transferred some to a small plastic spray bottle and keep it with a microfiber cloth in the side pocket.

I played with the navigation system in a M35 for over an hour and like the touchscreen on the Lexus better, but the fingerprints and cleaning are the price you pay for a superior interface.

The Megs Interior QD does work very well on the nav screen.

Plexus or Meguiars Plastic polish are what I use.

The secret is NOT to add more scratches so.....use a super soft touch with a quality micro fiber towel.

Edited by jonw440

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldnt use either. The screen is very delicate and is coated in anti glare and to enhance the touch screen function. The Windex is very harsh and it can and will strip this coating over time, the paper towels are also very harsh and will speed up this process.

Use a soft cloth and either a cleaner designed for soft plastic or this type of screen or water.