Rx-330 Rear Hatch Problem

mikjr

I have been having an ongoing issue with opening the hatch on my RX-330. It starts to open... hesitates a bit, and then closes. It only opens about an inch or two, and then it closes.

I've had it to the dealer now for several weeks. The first time, they replaced the "door struts", said it worked fine and sent me on my way. The FIRST stop I made, it didn't open. I had it back there the next week and they've had it now for a week. They have been in contact with the techs at the factory and they still haven't fixed it.

Any suggestions or help from the Forum would be appreciated.

Mike

I knew I saw this problem before and I found it! I searched it and Bam!

Good news RX 330 owners. Lexus has a fix to address your Rear Power Hatch Inop Blues.

Theres a new part that will take care of this. Its called the Power Rear Door ECU P/N 89222-0E011 (Previous part was 89222-0E010).

Call before you take your vehicle in and tell the service writer to order you the ECU.

If they dont know what you are talking about, have the technician contact the LEXUS TAS Hotline.