Tires For 98

kashife

V rated tires are made of softer rubber compounds than H rated tires, so H rates tires will generally have longer treadlife but V rated tires will be smoother and quieter.

You can only really compare H and V rated tires when you're talking about the same tire. Like LF said, his H rated Tripletreds are smoother than his V rated Toyos, but more likely than not the TT is just a smoother tire than the Toyos to begin with.

We bought Falkens all around ( I love my husband!)

This improved things so much! The ride is totally better, quieter and smoother. WOW!!!! He had been thinking the springs were gibbled, but no sign of that at all. Needed an alignment, of course.

We will see how they wear but they are 1000X's better than those AT's. Glad to dump those.

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR INPUT. I REALLY APPRECIATE IT, GENTLEMEN.

rosie :cheers:

V rated tires are made of softer rubber compounds than H rated tires, so H rates tires will generally have longer treadlife but V rated tires will be smoother and quieter.

You can only really compare H and V rated tires when you're talking about the same tire. Like LF said, his H rated Tripletreds are smoother than his V rated Toyos, but more likely than not the TT is just a smoother tire than the Toyos to begin with.

Correct.....the TPT's (touring performance tire) & the TT's (premium all seasons) are in different categories.

:cheers:

This improved things so much! The ride is totally better, quieter and smoother. WOW!!!! He had been thinking the springs were gibbled, but no sign of that at all. Needed an alignment, of course.

We will see how they wear but they are 1000X's better than those AT's. Glad to dump those.

Enjoy Rose! B)

Correct.....the TPT's (touring performance tire) & the TT's (premium all seasons) are in different categories.

Enjoy Rose! B)

yes, by all means, enjoy!

• 5 months later...

The very best 'factory' (OE size) original tire you can get currently is the Goodyear Triple Treads......next would come the Falken Ziex ZE-512. If you want long mileage with excellent performance in bad weather & a comfortable ride.....by far these are your best bet's! (I will be putting one or the other on my ES when my Toyo's wear out....my wife has the Falkens on her car now & my Dad has the Triple Treads....both are fantastic!) B) Let me know if you have anymore questions. B)

http://www.goodyearassurance.com/

http://www.falkentire.com/tires_512.htm

Did you get the Tripletreads? Is the ride stable? I have read some reviews where they stated "squirrly" riding characteristics. Also, they should be great in snow.

Replacing Turanza LS-V's, which were great, but a bit pricey. I am consitidering the Potenza RE960AS Pole Position, but was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these.

Did you get the Tripletreads? Is the ride stable? I have read some reviews where they stated "squirrly" riding characteristics. Also, they should be great in snow.

Replacing Turanza LS-V's, which were great, but a bit pricey. I am consitidering the Potenza RE960AS Pole Position, but was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these.

My buddy has the TTs on his 98 Avalon and they were great last winter in what little snow we had.

I opted for the Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S and absolutely love them. Sorry, got them in March after the snow.

If you got a Sullivan Tire near you, check them out. The price wasn't bad at all, I think they were $120 each.

steviej

My buddy has the TTs on his 98 Avalon and they were great last winter in what little snow we had.

I opted for the Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S and absolutely love them. Sorry, got them in March after the snow.

If you got a Sullivan Tire near you, check them out. The price wasn't bad at all, I think they were $120 each.

steviej

Thanks Stevie, for $120 I could get the LS-V's ( or is 120 installed?). Are the Exalto's better in snow than the LS-V?

Thanks Stevie, for $120 I could get the LS-V's ( or is 120 installed?). Are the Exalto's better in snow than the LS-V?

The 120 was balanced, new stem and mounted on car. Protection plan was another 12 or 15. Disposal of the outgoing Dunlop was another 5.

I can't answer the snow question because I haven't riden on the LS-V ever and haven't driven the Exalto in the snow yet. Sorry.

steviej