Limitedl Edition Within The Thunderclouds?

MrSquid

I picked up my RX-330 Thundercloud tonight, and my dealer was saying it was a limtied edition Thundercloud. Have any of you guys heard anything about these? It's flint mica with black interior, it has the regular red birds eye maple wood trim, but the doors are badged as Thundercloud, it has the Thundercloud floor mats, and there's a badge on the center console saying:

Limited Edition

Thundercloud Black

VII of VIII

Our dealer wasn't even expecting this - they knew it was going to be a Thundercloud, but said they didn't know it would be the limited edition.

I picked up my RX-330 Thundercloud tonight, and my dealer was saying it was a limtied edition Thundercloud. Have any of you guys heard anything about these? It's flint mica with black interior, it has the regular red birds eye maple wood trim, but the doors are badged as Thundercloud, it has the Thundercloud floor mats, and there's a badge on the center console saying:

Limited Edition

Thundercloud Black

VII of VIII

Our dealer wasn't even expecting this - they knew it was going to be a Thundercloud, but said they didn't know it would be the limited edition.

MrSquid, I thought all Thunderclouds are Limited Edition. According to the broker I spoke to, there have only been 500 total Limited Ed. TC manufactured for the U.S. (for 2005). However, I thought all TC have the Black Birds Eye Maple wood trim. I am not sure mine has the TC batch on the center console. I will check, since you have me wondering if there are Limited "Limited Edition" TC in the U.S. Anyone else know out there? The color of MrSquid's maple wood trim makes me wonder.

sounds like they stuck Thundercloud wheels on a regular RX and added the badges and mats for full effect. I have heard of customers liking the car but not the wheels covers. What did the window sticker say????

sounds like they stuck Thundercloud wheels on a regular RX and added the badges and mats for full effect. I have heard of customers liking the car but not the wheels covers. What did the window sticker say????

I hadn't thought of it this way, but that's exactly what it sounds like. (plus the TC grille) Personally I like the TC wheels, but I could see how some people wouldn't. It's the cream colored floormats that we're not nuts about - those will be getting changed soon.

The sticker says "Thundercloud Edition Includes:" and lists through everything that's on a normal TC - including black birds eye maple. Doesn't say anything about how it's #7 of 8 - that's just on the badge inside.

Oh well... was just curious. We'd negotiated a set price based on a regular 330 with nav, and the sticker on this one they got for us was almost $1000 more than what we started with. It didn't cost us any more to get this one, and boosted our off-sticker savings from about $3500 to about $4500.