How Fast Have U Gone

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Fastest with someone else driving: 161 mph, black 2004 Porsche 996 RUF Turbo: 405N in West L.A., late morning on a weekday (no kidding) --a brief demonstration of this phenominal car's power-- there seemed to be endless torque... accelleration was effortless. A mind-numbing (frightenong) experience. Car belongs to a total @sshole I no longer speak to.

Fastest driving myself: 140-145 mph (est) in a 1993 Nissan 300XZTT: bone stock except for Stillen intake & full CB exhaust, electronic boost controller, turbo timer, JWT ECU, 18" BBS rims/Pirelli P-zeros (both turbos were original and were replaced about a year later). Speedo was OEM, and I am not sure how accurate it was. 101N fropm the base of the grade through Camarillo late at night.

Likely not the fastest post here, but definitely as fast as I ever care to go. That ride in the Porsche scared the crap out of me. *L*

--Matt

About 125 MPH in a 1967 Mustang fastback with a 289 high performance engine.

About 115 MPH on a Triumph Tiger motor cycle in a 30 MPH zone. :o

Not sure about the GS 400. I marked off 1/4 mile, put the hammer down and got up to near 100 mph and it was still in 3rd gear! Should do about 150 I suppose. If I ever get to the Bonneville salt flats or some long remote highway I'll find out.

130 on I-405 at about 2 AM on a weekend. In my old MK3 Supra. JDM engine, K&N intake, greddy muffler/custom piping, after a tune up (NGK plugs, plug wires, cap rotor, new timing belt, valve cover gasket, water pump gasket, oil pan sealed, thermostat)

110 in my 94 GS300, completely stock, on the 520 bridge at about 4 am

130MPH 1994 Mustang GT 5.0 Auto on the way to florida with dad and a loaded car I-75

188MPH 2001 Suzuki GSX-R1000 with Moriwaki full titanium exhaust and PC3. The speed limiter cuts in at 299KMH or 188MPH. After doing a $5 mod to removing the limiter it went a little faster but the speed is not displayed, the display(digital) ends at 299KMH.

:)

Before my GS I had an '01 LX 470 (which my dad has now) I was racing a Maxima on a 2 lane road and I got that up to 110 mph. With my GS I haven't really pushed but I was being chased by some kids one night and I redlined it at 90 mph on a small side street.

im assuming the maxima beat you..going 110in an LX is not a fun experience if the roads are curvy it feels like your about 2 tip over lol...it was horrible in the GX cant imagine whaT it would be like in the GS.

No I actually beat the Maxima. Its a really straight road but it has lots of traffic lights so he got caught at the light.

• 1 month later...

I must be a speed freak. I've topped out almost every vehicle I have owned. Even a minivan.

1986 MR2 5-speed 135 (had a good tailwind that day)

1987 Supra 5-speed 140

1995 Firebird Formula auto 145 (road got to rough and I got scared)

1990 Thunderbird Supercoupe auto 145 (speedo goes to 120 but I used a formula to figure out the speed)

1998 GS400 140 (same road as above)

1985 Interceptor 500 150 + (2am and the wind blew off my perscription glasses, now that was scary)

oh ya, got my moms 95 Dodge caravan minivan SPORT EDITION (wo0t wo0t) up to 95 on the way to spokane with her in the passenger seat, my sister and her friend in the backseat, and all our luggage in the middle area and the back. Haha, think I made it to Spokane from kirkland in 3.75-4.15 hours.

Hit the governer in my step dads s10 4x4 vortec v6 w/ exhaust and K&N intake at 95.

:cheers: well the fastest ive been in my 06 gs300 was 142mph. it was on the florida turnpike yesterday. i kinda took advantage of the hurricane situation.lol

other than that, ive been 212mph in my dads cl650 but thats on the autobahn(i was born in germany and live there most of the year):cheers:

:cheers: well the fastest ive been in my 06 gs300 was 142mph. it was on the florida turnpike yesterday. i kinda took advantage of the hurricane situation.lol

other than that, ive been 212mph in my dads cl650 but thats on the autobahn(i was born in germany and live there most of the year):cheers:

Talk is cheap. Were you driving or a passenger? What stretch of the autobahn and how long did it take to get to 212mph? There are so few opportunities to go this speed on the Autobahn, it's hard to believe that you could do it.

Here is my most recent trip to Germany where I maxed out my poor rental BMW 318i at 137mph: http://sean.dhs.org/roadfly/110_1023_IMG.jpg

For those that don't know, leaving your left indicator on in the fast lane lets cars in front know that you want them to GET OUTTA THE WAY!! :)

I've never trusted my GS 300 much above 100mph.

- Sean

:cheers: well thanks for asking how the huricane was but whatever :censored:

and hey sean, why are u so hasty. so to answer your questions:

1)i was the driver

2)im not exactly sure what road it was becouse i rarely go to swtzerland

:chairshot:

but on another note hurricanes suck. my car got scratched like 5 times :cries: