How Fast Have U Gone

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my 02 GS300 I've hit 125 on the street...(long strip) highway 137 slowed down for traffic...in a mustang cobra I did 150 n never again will I do that wit an american car

crazy as my damn gs430 hit the rev limiter at 122 mph and i was *BLEEP*ed as its supposed to rev limit at 143! been almost 200 on one of my bikes..... 186 on a UNGOVERNED 2005 GSXR 1000 WITH MODS....guess thats as close to 200 as im gonna get cause i chickened out at when i saw my speed, knew i was going fast but didnt realize that fast. :D

* 1998 Lexus GS400 175,000 miles. Pulled 152 mph. I-70 Western CO. Nearby local road, able to top out around 145 before lifting and slowing without braking. About once a month to "blow out the carbon" which was popular saying when I was a teenager some time ago.

"In order to win the race, you have to finish."

Pick your time and place carefully!!

Power Pack

Eugene, OR.

on I495 towards VA, me and my friends dragged a bit.

Me: 03 gs430 intake//exhaust

friend 1 : 350z intake//exhaust

friend 2 : g35 stock

friend 3 : gti stage2 turbo// stage2 chip// intake//exaust//downpipe//blowoff valve

friend 4 : Fahrenheit gti stock

we all hit past 130 mph i hit 135 before my friend in his gti got pulled over. he's not allowed to drive in VA anymore for like a year haha

gti crushed all of us. he was pushing like ~280 horses and boosting over or around 20psi with his turbo. damn those *BLEEP*s are quick

2002 BMW M5. 167mph on highway. Missed 6th gear. Who knows where it coulda gone. It was a modified car, although I can not specify what was done exactly. I know it was chipped w. exhaust and headers. Who knows what else.

It was my first time driving a 6 speed, and a BMW for that matter. Maybe god intervened so we couldn’t go any faster.

& i just suck

In my 02 GS300 I've hit 125 on the street...(long strip) highway 137 slowed down for traffic...in a mustang cobra I did 150 n never again will I do that wit an american car

186 on a UNGOVERNED 2005 GSXR 1000 WITH MODS....

I hit 181 on my 06 R1. Suprisingly pretty much stock w/ full exhaust and a Power CommanderII

once you hit 150 you get hesitant to continue given the fact MPH's start climbing EXTREMELY slow...like 1MPH per second!

I hit 181 on my 06 R1. Suprisingly pretty much stock w/ full exhaust and a Power CommanderII

once you hit 150 you get hesitant to continue given the fact MPH's start climbing EXTREMELY slow...like 1MPH per second!

tell me about it....i had a arata exhaust/power commander/bmc filter/and a few other things when i hit that! i guess my biggest hesitation is once your part 140 your dead ALMOST no matter what! do you'll even have a governor nemore? or do u still get the 185-186 cutt off?

tell me about it....i had a arata exhaust/power commander/bmc filter/and a few other things when i hit that! i guess my biggest hesitation is once your part 140 your dead ALMOST no matter what! do you'll even have a governor nemore? or do u still get the 185-186 cutt off?

the governer was never removed, although it's to my understanding the power commander compensates for it, and cancels it out. to be honest with you, i will never know lol...i dont plan on taking it up to those speeds again.

the governer was never removed, although it's to my understanding the power commander compensates for it, and cancels it out. to be honest with you, i will never know lol...i dont plan on taking it up to those speeds again.

no im running a power commander also....it doesnt bypass or cutt off the governor.....i was under the assumption that the R1 had a governor at 186 or something....lemmese see if i can find some info

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193626

• 1 month later...
lets c who wins......

list your car, year, speed, and type of street (city or highway)

redline a 06 E350 benz to 90 on a street and 04 gx470 to 95 on highway

yah nothing to be proud of...

(list the fastest uve gone on street and highway)

thought this would be fun

i had my lexus gs430 05 doing 155 on the express way

lets c who wins......

lets c who wins......

really? are u sure? CAUSE they are electronically limited to ONLY 149 mph....so you sure it was 155 and not just 55?

In the LS? 90 or so, passing someone the other day on I-80 in east central Iowa.

Fastest m/c run? 125 on my old (gone a couple years ago) BMW R1100RT.

Fastest run, in general? 153 (probably an honest 150 w/ speedo error factored in) indicated in a Saab 9-5 Aero on US50 in Nevada--"The Loneliest Road", back in '02. Held 150+ for probably 10 minutes before backing it off into the 120-140 range. Very, very stable car--no twitchy lift felt. My average speed for that stretch from Ely to Fallon was 118 or so, per the gas receipts from either end (for mileage and time calculations). 16 mpg calculated from those same receipts. Oh, and the cruise works at 140.

"Maturity" and a desire to preserve what's left of my license have brought me into the era of tapping on the cruise, and usually staying under 10 over on the highways.

Paul

• 2 months later...

2000 lexus gs400 has seen 145mph on the highway, think it may have gone a little faster but ran out of road

lets c who wins......

• 3 weeks later...

90 to 100mph in my 03 ES300 on I-475 during the day. I was on my way to my calculus exam and just as I got off the express way I realized I forgot my calculator (I would have failed without it). So I had to go back home and get it. The only other time I got that fast was when I was going to my Lexus dealer after work and I was driving on some country roads a jack !Removed! in a Grand Prix rode my tail so I gunned it to 100mph.

new to the forum like the topic!

98 GS400 145 on parkway 12:00 at night racing a 06 or 07 M3 I was in his !Removed! the whole time not trying to win wanted to see what my car could do :P very surprised

Just got my GS400 2 weeks ago and went on a run with my friend and got it up to 130 and it was looking like it could go a lot faster, very smooth ride. I have gone 70 down my street (25 mph zone) because it is so wide, and usually me and a friend race to lunch and end up going up to 80 on a 35. I have begun to wonder, would a cop even attempt to pull you over, or chase you if you were moving at 130 mph, if they radared you it would take them awhile to even get up to that speed, and by the time they do, you would be a long ways away.

Just got my GS400 2 weeks ago and went on a run with my friend and got it up to 130 and it was looking like it could go a lot faster, very smooth ride. I have gone 70 down my street (25 mph zone) because it is so wide, and usually me and a friend race to lunch and end up going up to 80 on a 35. I have begun to wonder, would a cop even attempt to pull you over, or chase you if you were moving at 130 mph, if they radared you it would take them awhile to even get up to that speed, and by the time they do, you would be a long ways away.

um long story short....yes, yes they will. i know first hand after having SEVERAL arrests for reckless driving (speeding 25+) hell my first ticket was 92 in a 40 and i was slowing down... :(

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

About 130ish :whistles: on the interstate in my 99 GS300 spanking a g35. I-64 in virginia. Four lane highway. Was around 11 at night. Barely any traffic or cops. Is it me or does it seem that G35's like to screw around with GS's? ---->G35 :chairshot: <---- LEXUS GS

• 7 years later...

My 2007 GS 350 shuts down at 133mph or so. I can't find any speed shops that will bump it up or my horsepower. I was only wanting 149mph what V rated tire are good for. Help??