How Fast Have U Gone

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi from England

seen your speeds in USA, not bad for freeway style driving where you have 242 lanes and miles of straight roads

In dear old Devon, England we don't have freeways or as we Brits call them Motorways, here we have small roads usually covered in cow !Removed! and mud with bends and hedges and walls a foot from the car

This means we sometimes slow down a bit

But just so you can see what it is like in the green and pleasant quiet countryside of England, here is a clip my son uploaded to youtube of him and his mate in his Cosworth 4x4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVfHZHPb8iE

If you listen to the talking he actually peaked 5mph above what he said

And there is a classic line just near the end where he was pulling up near home which I love

Enjoy a Brit driver

135 MPH on I-95 south in Massachusetts back in 1993 while on my 1988 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10. They had recently paved the road with virgin hot top. Throttled down when I felt the front end unweight as I went over a small ridge. :o

In my 1998 GS400, I haven't had any fun above 90. :(

• 6 months later...

I've had both my LS400 and my GS400 up to 153-154mph...odd seeing as they are supposed to be governed to 149! Don't know how accurate the speedos are.

The GS still had some coming on but I was approaching traffic....crazy how it only shifts into 5th gear at 140mph!!!

2006 SL500 160mph on I-5 to VEGAS..smooth ride

(The speedometer only goes to 160, so we may have gone even faster)

1998 GS400 130mph on San Mateo-Hayward Bridge in SF Bay Area...very smooth ride and dead straight and level.

DAMN YOU GUYS ARE HELLA LUCKY

2001 LEXUS GS430 BUTTT I CANT SPEED!!

ONE MORE TICKET AND THERE GOES MY LICENSE!!

I HAVE TOO MANY POINTS...JUS GOT APSEEDING TICKET IN BING FOR GOING 55 IN 25 ZONE..DAMN COPS!!!

BUT FASTEST..

IT WAS IN MY 1998 V8 4.3 LITRE Q45 -- I WAS GOING 100.

I GET TEMPTED TO GO FASTER BUT NYC DOESNT HAVE A LOT OF PLACES TO SPEED WITHOUT GETTTING CAUGHT...I SHUD GO TO THE VILLAGES U GUYS ARE IN ONE DAY!! LOL

• 2 months later...

1996 TOYOTA COROLLA - 110MPH (driver)

1996 DODGE CARAVAN - 105 MPH (driver)

1993 LEXUS GS300 - 120 MPH (driver)

2004 DODGE SRT4 - 135MPH (passenger)

2006 PONTIAC GTO - 115MPH (passenger)

2006 HONDA S2000 - 110MPH (passenger)

but seriously remember, speeding is bad.

'67 Chrysler 300 with a 440, had the 120mph speedo buried and still accelerating.

'84 merc-Benz 300SD(turbodiesel), had up to 100mph, pretty much topped out. Maybe another 5 mph left.

'99 GS300, hit 120 mph and let up(my wife was screaming at me :angry: )

• 2 weeks later...

180 mph 2004 Viper SRT-10 not very stable at these speeds (white knuckle driving)

145 mph 1999 Lexus GS400 very stable at high speeds

113 mph 2006 Ski-doo MacH Z 1000cc

142 mph 2002 Porsche Boxster S

191 mph (PASSENGER) in a 2004 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo stable

9.6 mph My Craftsman riding lawnmower 24hp <--- LOL

• 4 months later...

2001 GS430 vs. 06 350Z (6-Speed).. from 55-150+(quit looking) I pulled atleast 2 lenghts on the Z. I would assume around 155. Very amazed at the power of this car and the way it continues to pull at high speeds. I have been impressed ever since. Still don't keep up with the good old Corvette powered Buick.. tehehe

P.S. Sorry to all you Nissan guys who are having your 350Z and such, out ran with 4 door luxury cars coming out of the same country.

• 2 weeks later...

01' GS430, whilst racing an 03' S500, i managed to pull on him, and proceed to slowly walk away from the MBZ. I looked down, i was doing 155mph, and at this time i passed a Tahoe going almost 3 times their speed, so i decided that i should slow down, expecting the Benz to come by me, never saw him again...

My car shifted into 5th gear at 152mph.

OK, I'm going to show my age here...

In 1990 I took my 1989 Honda CBR600F up to 145. Do motorcycles count? Anyway, that was a rush. No room for errors and the front end became very twitchy even though I was fully tucked. In about 1995 I took my 1986 Porsche 944 turbo up to 150. The car was like "cool, this is what I do" and just blazed along almost effortlessly.

• 2 weeks later...

2006 350z vs crotch rocket = 157mph on a bumpy @$$ texas interstate (I beat the crotch rocket, probably cuz the guy was not wearing a helmet, and I doubt he could see)

Back Passenger on a Honda Blackbird CBR 1100 = 155mph

• 3 weeks later...

145mph on I 91 in Vermont returning from skiing in my 1994 Audi urs4 with a TAP chip, and HR suspension. Rock solid and handled like a Lexus does at about 100. After cruising for a bit at 135 I chickened out becouse I figured someone that I passed would call the state troopers via cell phone. When I hit the exit two troopers were in the road stopping traffic. I about had a heart attack figuring that I was about to have some splaining to do. Turns out that a snowmobile had crossed into traffic and got tagged.

I have a GS430 and I am actually afraid to take the car up much past 100, the car is in stock form and does not feel like it would like a corner. If I did a few suspension changes it would be no problem. The Audi is way more fun than any Lexus until you start fixing it. I have owned 6 of them and they all cost money after you put some miles on them.

• 1 month later...

125 a couple months ago with my boss in the car.

129 last fall on a deserted part of a state highway.

135 on a sportbike. I realize many have gone faster on their bikes, so I qualify this with the fact I wasn't wearing a helmet and it was during rush hour on I-35 in Kansas City. One lane change by a cage and it'd been over.

JimA