• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and hey sean, why are u so hasty. so to answer your questions:

1)i was the driver

2)im not exactly sure what road it was becouse i rarely go to swtzerland

:chairshot:

That is just crazy on any road. You have big b*lls. :)

- Sean

Am steering clear of ALL you drivers.

A few months after I got this one (new), I took it to 100mph for a v. short stretch (and I thought that was fast). Felt like I was in airplane on take off. Fun! The one and only time I've done that...

Yes, i hit 13o in the rx300. The road was on a little slope LOL

I don't make as much as you think a year. LOL I just spend my money on cars and yes, my house. My wife and i both work hard for what we have. I am very happy. ;)

142 in 87' BMW M3, Birmingham, Alabama on Red Mountain Express Way.

155 in tweaked out 89 IROC in Kansas I-435

132 in 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R on state highway 10 in Kansas, heading out to University of Kansas......ran with an Integra, that got caught by the county' mounty.

130 in my former 01' Maxima on I-20, west of Atlanta

105 in my 99 Subaru Outback "thought it was going to come apart"

And recently 115 in my current 95 LS400 here in Raleigh on US64. She was nice and smooooth. It loves going that speed.

Oh, no tickets in 15 years...knock on wood.

• 1 month later...

I got my old 99 ES3 up to about 120MPH and my 01 GS3 up to about 122-123MPH on the NJ Turnpike. They have some nice straightaways on the Turnpike. A couple weeks ago I was incidently racing a Blue IS300 going down to Rutgers on the Turnpike. The guy thought I was racing him. I was just trying to get their already. Kept it for about 5-6 minutes at about 100-105MPH. But it was cool because there was some light traffic so we were just weaving in and out. People must have thought our 2 Lexus' were together. But it was fun and it kept me awake.

A regular 155mph with my 92 LS400. Acceleration up to 120 was great, and pretty smooth and quiet up to max. speed. Unfortunately, fuel supply gets cut-off at 155, otherwise I'm sure they would go a bit quicker. Had to move over for a couple of Supras that were doing at least 170 from the way they boosted past.

Drove up to Scotland once, was sleeping in front seat. Woke up to find my friend had the car at 145 on cruise control.

Went thought the car wash today and took a ride to dry the car off. Made a u turn slightly out of town an hit the gas. Was doing 110 and still in third gear when I backed off. It will hit 100 so effortlessly one hardly notices.

you can't feel speed in a Lexus! A lot of times i find myself over a hundred without even noticing it.

I just got caught this time LOL

The stupid years

it was 1970 I clocked 135mph (it took some time to get it to speed) in a 1970 240Z somewhere in colorado I was young and stupid, state cop pulled me over I opened my door reached to get my wallet from my back pocket .The poor cop though I was going for a gun and pulled his I screamed its my wallet, we were both rattled he let me go no ticket.

another time same car driving down I95 in mass. got into a race with a guy in a big old deville he was driving insane in and out and around cars at well over 100mph I was crazy but not insane so I reached at 100mph as soon as traffic got in the way I sloowed down.

the old wish I were young years

Now I have a 1998 sc300 which I have for brief periods gotten to plus 100MPH on many ocassions once on I95 at PA NJ border I was in the middle of a dozen or so Nissan s2000 on a ralley we all were doing over 100MPH i looked down at 110mph. I have to say the s2000's sounded great like a formula 1 open wheel race lol

• 7 months later...

I did 145MPH in a '91 Dodge Stealth R/T, about 8 years ago on I-94 in Chicago around 3am. I was racing a buddy of mine in a Subaru SVX. Slowing down from that speed was the scariest part.

Mike

'06 GS430

well u make enough to have FOUR models in the garage, you and your family must be working your selves to death..lol hey, enjoy life while you can is what I say, I don't know you but I'm happy for ya.

• 2 months later...

The fastest I had my LS400 was 130mph(speedo) on I-80 in eastern Penna. I had my truck to 97.4mph(GPS). I took had a Kawasaki superbike up to 130 in the late 1970's. I had a snowmobile up to 85mph and I dprobably did about 150 in a Dodge at the Lowe's Speedway, but it seemed slow.

I wanted to comment on thei comment

175mph in a rental Maserati on a highway outside Vegas

I saw all those for rent, I thought they had GPS on them and they would turn you east if you did that?