How Fast Have U Gone

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had to chime in on this one...going down an open stretch of highway through Missouri, no one around me, and thought I would see what the GS400 had. So I punched it and got it up to 155MPH, even though it says governed at 149, and still smooth as silk, I know there was more in it..

last night was the first time i really opened up my gs300 on the parkway lastnight against a 300 had it up to 120..my last car was a 99 volvo s80 got that up to 135 but held it at 120 for bout 10 mins...

1998 ES300 stock. Fastest was last weekend on I-295, Jacksonville,FL over the buckman bridge 135 mph. I didn't realize it until my wife started screaming to slow down..!!!! :) I had to pee very bad... :)

2004 S4 Avant Last night. East bound on J. Turner Butler in Jacksonville, FL,a 12 mi strech, 152 mph. I had to race this kid on a honda tuner..He was tailgating.. I hate that. I left him from cruising speed of 65 mph as if he was standing still....I don't get out much :)

98 gs300 in 2002 when i bought my car i took it on 95s and had it on the governor and yes it actually works once it goes on the governor it knocks 10mph off then when u get it on again it just does the same. So to answer the question it was around 144,146mph. :cheers::ph34r:

98  gs300 in 2002 when i bought my car i took it on 95s and had it on the governor and yes it actually works once it goes on the governor it knocks 10mph off then when u get it on again it just does the same. So to answer the question it was around 144,146mph.  :cheers:  :ph34r:

welcome t the club #1!

-In my 2001 BMW330ci i was at 130mph on the highway at 2am.

-On my 1999 Yamaha YZF-R1 i went 164mph on the track at Elkhart Lake in Wisconsin. On the street I went 155mph, any more than that would have been careless ;)

-On the autobahn I was going 145mph in a Mercedes E55, and I was passed a few times by the italian sports cars!!

:cheers:

135 mph in my 91 Acura Legend about six months ago racing a Honda Prelude with license plate labeled STREAK. I thought we were really doing something until two months ago a black 6 speed camaro was racing another mod car on I695 near exit 18 and came flying past me. Mind you I was cruising at 80 mph when they past me. I floored my 98 LS and got up to 130 then paused. Hadn't caught up yet. Floored it again and caught and passed them at 152 mph then we all hit the brake when we saw flashing lights. Good thing the trooper was on the other side of the highway divided by a median or else I believe we would have split up to see which one he would come after. I doubt it if they just issue tickets over 150 mph buddy.

You'll be spending the night downtown on that one.

i don't claim to be a rocket scientist but i got a 94 gs 300 (rental car) to 143 (speedo not gps) on a straight flat piece of farm to market (reads open range with cows grazing on either side) on the nevada/oregon border in early 95. i finally slowed down after about 5 minutes of that because i was thinking about what would happen if a cow wandered into the road. however, it did convince me to go buy a gs 300 later that year. i've gone faster on a motorcycle but that's the fastest i've driven in a car. :pirate:

in my lexus ES300 i got up to 195k on a back road

in my street race car i'v gone well over 280k that was when i lost my pase car (73 Dodge dart swinger 440, race tans, B&M race shift and role cage) i was only at 5500 RPM and still knower near out of jam just when you go that fast in a car without a steering rac you stare to loos controle dosent really mater how good your front end parts are i had just broken in my new moter and had rebilt my front end

The car was a 1967 410 H.P. 427 Fairlane. It had 3.23 gears, 26" tall tires and I saw 6800 RPM in fourth gear. (161.8 MPH, not counting slippage) It was rock solid at that speed and got there in a real hurry. That was back in 1969 when I was young, dumb and immortal. (Don't remember when I became "no longer immortal" maybe it was when a couple of friends died in their cars. Now I am old and dumb but no longer immortal)

A few years ago, I got a chance to drive a friends rear engine gas dragster. Car was going 9.20's with their mule motor. They were making license passes that night and offered to let me make a lap or two. They told me most everyone who drives one of these the first time goes 14 seconds because the car scares them so badly. I said if it goes straight, I'll hammer it. I went 9.80/151MPH first pass 9.50 155 second pass. (never got used to the shifter) Crossing the finish line, it occured to me that I had driven that fast before. Took a minute to remember it was in the Fairlane.

I have gone 120 in my GS-430 but I don't do that often. Figure I have used up two lifetimes worth of luck.

All of these speeds were stupidly achieved on the interstate here in Illinois:

126mph in '87 Grand Am (with a wonderful ticket to prove)

124mph in '96 Civic

131mph in '95 LeBaron GTC

130mph in '96 Bonneville

155-160mph on Honda CBR (friend's bike, I can't remember the year or size)

98mph in '94 LS400 (yeah, I know, I'm a wuss these days. Don't worry, I'll get that bad-boy goin soon!)

haha  a ticket for going 120? never heard of n e one getting away with just a ticket didnt take u downtown or anything? just how much was the ticket n e ways just curious lol

-j

I don't remember exactly how much I ended up paying (the ticket is in a box somewhere, maybe after I move I can tell you). The ticket required me to appear in court (I was not taken downtown though). When I got there I was charged a bunch of different fines and court costs. Apparently I lucked out though, the judge had me approach the bench and under his breath he actually said "126 huh? Is that all?" Then he told me that he drove a Corvette to work faster than that every day.

So, he had me step back from the bench and went back on the record. At this point he proceeded to enter into the record that I'd been driving a new TRANS Am (as I said, it was actually a Grand Am), with racing wheels and new brakes (I had told him none of this, since it wasn't true) and therefore I wasn't guilty of "reckless driving" or "reckless endangerment", the two offenses that could have resulted in my license being supsended and me possibly spending a bit of time in jail (so I'm told). Also, my fines were nowhere near as high, I ended up just paying the maximum speeding ticket and the court costs.

Again, I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty positive my total costs were around $600-700. Since I was 16 years old at the time that was a huge amount! Nowadays, after a few more stupid mistakes including getting my license suspended and driving anyway, such a small fine would have been a blessing. Of course, this is why 10 years later, I'm driving much slower and (thankfully) not getting pulled over.

haha wat a great story lol...ur parents didnt get mad...i would have taken my sons car away and grounded him 4 a month...lol

I was a rather independant teen and purchased the vehicle myself, so they couldn't exactly take it away.

Besides, now I'm 26, I drive a nice used Lexus (under 100mph), and I just graduated from law school. I suppose I turned out alright, so they couldn't have messed up too bad! B)

haha wat a great story lol...ur parents didnt get mad...i would have taken my sons car away and grounded him 4 a month...lol

I was a rather independant teen and purchased the vehicle myself, so they couldn't exactly take it away.

Besides, now I'm 26, I drive a nice used Lexus (under 100mph), and I just graduated from law school. I suppose I turned out alright, so they couldn't have messed up too bad! B)

... but just for the record, they were really *BLEEP*ed :chairshot: