Front-end Mask

andrewb

Hi,

I just purchased an font-end mask for my rx330 from a Lexus dealer and have a question regarding fitting.

What I need to know is how to fit the top edge of the mask. Should the vinyl be flush with the hood or should the felt flap be flush, raising the vinly away from the hood.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Hi,

I just purchased an font-end mask for my rx330 from a Lexus dealer and have a question regarding fitting.

What I need to know is how to fit the top edge of the mask. Should the vinyl be flush with the hood or should the felt flap be flush, raising the vinly away from the hood.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

The vinyl should be flush with the hood. The flap, under wind, will push the vinyl to the hood, avoiding the vinyl to tap on the hood. I purchase my mask from Colgancustom.com, since they have the full mask (2 pieces to cover hood and bumper), not like the half mask from Lexus.

Hope that it helps.

Hi,

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

The vinyl should be flush with the hood. The flap, under wind, will push the vinyl to the hood, avoiding the vinyl to tap on the hood. I purchase my mask from Colgancustom.com, since they have the full mask (2 pieces to cover hood and bumper), not like the half mask from Lexus.

Hope that it helps.

Hi,

Thanks for coming back to me. I'm not sure I am quite with you though. Do you mean the felt is flush which will act as a cushion to the vinyl tapping on the hood due to wind?

Thanks aagin.