91' Ls400 Vibration

tleader

When I get on the freeway I start to feel a vibration in the rear of the vehicle at around 75 to 80 mph. I don't think that it is the wheels. I was wondering if it could be the driveshaft. Does the LS400 use u-joints in the driveshaft? If so, are they easily replaced. Does anyone have any other conclusions on the source of the vibration. Any help would be appreciated.

check your tires, i had the same problem and when i came to change the tires all the cords in one tire were blown up, and they told thats what caused the vibration, on a new tires it became a lil better but i still feel the vibration in front of my car. when i lifted the car i checked everything and everything looks peachy. so i still dont know

i have this vibration only from 75 to 80 mph, before or after there is none whatsoever.

Check the balance on your tires. I'm sure that the weight came off. I never see lexus drive shaft came loose before. Also tell them to check the roadforce variation. good luck.

JPI