Ac Controls / Lights Disabled !

Hi,

I have an interesting problem with my 01' GS4 Navi:

First I noticed that top row "AC" button lights are NOT after starting of the car ("Auto", direction, defroster, etc)

Then, when I go to "Climate" mode, onscreen AC control buttons don't work: they are not disabled (greyed out) however, upon selecting, have no effect on AC. In addition temperature (outside/inside) numbers are not displayed. (see the picture below)

ac.jpg

To my surpise, though, AC is actually working: I can press "OFF", "AUTO", or any other buttons from the top row and get the expected result.

Also, the trip computer's numbers are gone!!! WTF???? :censored:

trip.jpg

Any idea what it can be caused by?

Thanks!

There is a service bulletin on a similar (same?) problem for MY2000 but not MY2001 to my knowledge. Take this to your dealer and have them check it out.

Do you know what part they are suggesting on replacing in the SB? Is that the whole Navi Display??? I am out of warranty, so I am concern about the repair costs. Besides, if I am not mistaken, 2001 should be quite different from 2000.

Thanks!

They are suggesting replacing the display unit with a remanufactured unit. The display would include the LCD itself and all the buttons around it in one unit. Who knows what the cost would be or if this is your problem. The best recommendation is take it to the stealer and have it diagnosed. Chances are, they've seen it before and know right what to do to get you up and running. (Of course, this only applies to competent, reputable dealers.)

The cost of a new unit is $4,903.23 list, so a remanufactured unit should be less than that to be considered a deal. :o

Give Fujitsu-Ten a call (portray yourself as an independent dealer if you have to) and see if you can get any information out of them. It's worth a shot!

P.S. The cost of the 98-00 dash unit is $7,410.15! Yikes! I hope I never have to tell a customer they need one of those. :wacko:

They are suggesting replacing the display unit with a remanufactured unit. The display would include the LCD itself and all the buttons around it in one unit. Who knows what the cost would be or if this is your problem. The best recommendation is take it to the stealer and have it diagnosed. Chances are, they've seen it before and know right what to do to get you up and running. (Of course, this only applies to competent, reputable dealers.)

The cost of a new unit is $4,903.23 list, so a remanufactured unit should be less than that to be considered a deal.  :o

Give Fujitsu-Ten a call (portray yourself as an independent dealer if you have to) and see if you can get any information out of them. It's worth a shot!

P.S. The cost of the 98-00 dash unit is $7,410.15! Yikes! I hope I never have to tell a customer they need one of those.:wacko:

Thanks for your help, GuyTelefunken!

I want to look at how much extended warranty costs on this car... when I was purchasing it used, I was offered a warranty which I now regret I did not get.