Any Experience With These After Market Parts

akewlguy

1. Xenon light... Anyone know where and how much? Do I need an adaptor? $150

http://www.lextasy.com/ls400_parts_18_ctg.htm

2. White front corner lights (instead of orange): $45

http://www.procarparts.com/store-list2.asp...93&cat=4⊂=23

3. Blue interior lights (primarly floor).. Anyone know stock number and where? $50

http://www.procarparts.com/store-subcat-ma...maker=UNIVERSAL

4. New tires. Trying to balance all year radial with performance and duration? $500

Michilen HydroEdge--All Seasons

Firestone Affinity LH30--All Seasons(Stock)

Dunlop SP Sport 5000 Symmetrical--All Seasons(Stock)

Yokohama AVS DB S2--all Seasons(Stock)

Bridgestone Turanza LS-V

Michelin sport AS 225/60/16 from costco (mileage?)

5. New LED lighting for radio/dash lighting (Jim Walker): $300

http://lextech.org/

6. Air intake system? $250

http://www.procarparts.com/store-detail.as...e=onlinestoreDB

7. GPS systems? $700

http://www.shopharmony.com/search.asp?t=c&s=161

Is there anything to increase horsepower?

Anything else you can think of?

the blue lights are garbage,so is the intake

For an intake look up BFI, basic modifications to what you have already for maximum output.

GPS i would go with a new radio like the pioneer avnc N1 or N2

for lots of options like dvd and a full screen with GPS as well .

If your dash is broken then get Jim to fix it.

Tires ,their is no balance for all 3 things,

For performance it wears faster and costs more

for durability it is cheaper ,noisier and has low traction

All season well then everything is out the door.

Get a set of winters and summers ,their is no comparision to it.

Is there anything to increase horsepower?

There's a long list of OEM stuff that can increase power, gas mileage, engine reliability, durability, smoothness and quietness:

1. New factory original spark plugs, plug wires, distributor rotors and distributor caps.

2. New factory original oxygen sensors.

3. Check and adjust the clearances on the engine's 32 valves

4. Clean the engine's throttle plate(s)

5. New factory original air filter

With regard to aftermarket mods, first ask yourself if you really can afford them? Example: Do you have $1000 already set aside to cover items 1 -5 above? $1000 already set aside for when your starter fails? $1000 already set aside to repair a wide array of fluid leakage points in the power steering system? $1000 already set aside to replace various bushings and mounts? $1000 already set aside to fix the climate control LED display and dash instruments? etc.

In other words, if you paid $7,000 for your '93 LS400, you may need as much as another $7,000 to keep it on the road for the next several years.

Thanks for the great replies... My LEXUS is awesome and the previous owner maintained and repaired everything at LEXUS... On top of that he did every 5,000 mile checkup.

The front end as tight as any other LEXUS's I drove.. PS pump, rotors, 70k $4,500 dollar tune-up and brakes replaced. VGR for seven thousand dollars I got a steal....

All of the suggestions by VGR have been completed.. Jim will complete dash for $250 bucks so as for your question of do I have 10k.. I actually have about 50k and only need about $1000 to get all the goods I need.

So the blue lights stink..

Okay where can you find the Xenon lights?

Okay so I need to buy winter/summer tires... Right now I have Perelli 4000's and they ride so well!!

Any suggestions on a winter summer combo? Should I buy another set of rims?

post-17623-1118558085_thumb.jpg

Having gone through a Canadian winter (with lots of snow) on all-season tires that had me white-knuckling the steering wheel, I have since gone to a second set of rims and winter tires. I still have the all-seasons on my chrome rims, but hope they wear out soon so I can get some good summer rubber on them. The winter rubber made a huge difference on the rear wheel drive LS.

If you are thinking of getting a second set of rims (especially to save your nice chrome rims from the harsh conditions of winter) and winter tires, you may want to check out the rims I am selling in the buy/sell forum. They would look very nice on your new ride.

agreed with bossman and VGR

what type of bulb do you use in your year LS?

I would get a set of HID's ,as it is the best upgrade for the money that actually works,plus you save a bit of gas from the reduced power consumption of them

I can't say enough good things about my Garmin iQue 3600 GPS Nav...vibrant color screen, talking prompts, very accurate, and portable. It was a life saver this weekend when it helped me find my hotel!

gallery_1461_91_1110661647.jpg

I have Michelin Energy tires on my LS, and I'll never put anything else on there. They're long lasting, quiet, and it seems like the LS was made for them the way they wear and drive so beautifully with the car. They suck in the snow but are great in wet and dry weather.

Have any componets have been replaced in the front end, or is the front end still quiet because of the low mileage?

So the blue lights stink..

...horribly! :lol:

For the most part I dont think the owner did much with the front end but its tight. I drove a few 95/97's that needed some work so I know what to expect.. I know within 20-30k if I am lucky I will need to get front end work, but its worth it!

Thanks for the feed back.. Chris

Do you know where to get the 93LS400 Xenon lights? Does it require an assembly of some sort?

I do have the Dell Axim and Delorm GPS.. All of this works with a laptop, but that is overkill... Although it works very well its to big to have a laptop on my dash.. Maybe I have to invest in the Delorm Axim software and put that on dash.. That makes sense..

go to your local pepboys, autozone or some type of car parts store and theyll have xenons there and there all plug and play unless u want to get a HID set which is real xenon but taht will cost your around $500 for a really good set including the ballasts and bulbs

As for good, cheap lighting, you can't go wrong with Silverstars or PIAA. PIAA lights are a little pricey, but I wouldn't trade mine for anything. They are bright and very white(notice the color difference when compared to the std. fog lights on the right)...

gallery_1461_122_1117430592.jpg

I'm on my way to EBAY as I type to find some Xenon lights.. Thanks for the great information! I love the kewl blue of the xenon.. Its awesome!

Okay guys back to my series 7 pretest!! Cheers to success and LEXUS.. I think they go side by side!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=36476

I think the LEXUS is the H3 Xenon.. There is a few different sellers on ebay stating different information..?

Some one stated they help with gas mileage?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=36476

This one states it is much better then the rest?? Maybe they all say that, but I am concerned with the issue of leaving on when is off or about to start may burn out?

http://www.bizrate.com/buy/products__cat_i...er,sfsk--3.html

This is kewl a MP3 transmitter.. So I can hook up my 1 gig mini zip disk and then play all those songs that I love!

Anyone have any experience with these things?

Cheers to LEXUS!! I spend to much time studying and on the internet time for bed to dream about my LEXUS... I mean wife!

haha kewl guy ebays not the way to go with HID's might save u a few $$$ but in the long run youll end up losing more then you gained my friend bougt some HID sets and it burned out his lights housing and cost him some serious $$$ to get it all replaced i tried not laughin at him but all i could say was i told you so lol but a lexus HID wont hurt i see them going on ebay real cheap all the time

o and blake why didnt you get your fog lights changed out also i got those don on my lexus also i always keep my lights on thought i had a problem with the cornor lights the bulbs werent strong as the OEM they were white but power wise they didnt do much looks like its dimmed out

hey man for those tires if u drive hard i would stay away from all seasons... i've had mine on for a under 7 months and the tread is dead... kumhos... i think thats how u spell it... they are make some cheap tires that grip... never go with ebay for lights friends lights got weak after 3 months...

I got this email from a vendor.. Guy seems to know his stuff about xenon.. I :sent him this chart with another vendors claims and this is his reply..

There are some things that xenon bulbs cannot take, such as having them flash on and off with the alarm, or turning them on and off rapidly. Even BMW's and Benz cannot handle this sort of action. Other than that, you should be fine.

We got H4 6000K in stock, which is a really bright bluish-white beam. As for the chart, all I can is that it is all false. The X5 kit is made in Korea and has a very high failure rate. Some of our customers are ex-X5 users who are not satisfied with the life of the kit... it lasts about 6 months.

Aged lamp manipulation? Please, that is total rubbish. I believe that they are only saying this to sound "technological" and fool the customers. We strive to provide two things, great customer service and a great product. We do not lie about anything, and we answer everything truthfully. I hope you find this helpful, looking forward to hearing from you again sir.

On top of this the guy responds quickly and sells for 250 bucks.. My other option is PIAA bulb listed below:

http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/AccRes...sories&x=59&y=9

I have Pirelli 4000 now and I love them!! Of course I am biased and I love my car.. What a smooth ride!!

I think I am going to keep my 16" throught the fall and then get winter tires.. In the spring I am going to get 17" with summer tires.. It will be great!! Now I just have to keep the conservative look with a bit of spark in the 17"

Cheers, Chris