Damaged Shift Knob

hammo400

Hi,

I was floored the other day to find out a replacement auto gear shift knob for a 98 LS 400 was $427.00 !! NO misprint. I asked why so much? The parts guy at the dealer said : " well, it is made of real wood !" Valium please !

Tried ALL the salvage places, TAP etc., and they won't sell just the knob, only the entire assembly.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement wood gear shift knob for a 98 LS 400???

Thanks

Hi,

I was floored the other day to find out a replacement auto gear shift knob for a 98 LS 400 was $427.00 !!  NO misprint. I asked why so much? The parts guy at the dealer said : " well, it is made of real wood !"  Valium please !

Tried ALL the salvage places, TAP etc., and they won't sell just the knob, only the entire assembly.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement wood gear shift knob for a 98 LS 400???

Thanks

Ebay is always full of them.

If you go the e-Bay route, be sure to get what you need. Some of the shift knobs for sale are the 3.5 inch version. I believe the 98 LS takes a 5 inch shift knob. Some of the photos are deceiving and they sometimes do not always list the size, so be sure to ask. The dealer price is way out of whack.