Mileage On Rx300's

1999 Lexus RX 300

AWD

How many miles do you have on your Rx300? I'm wondering how many more I can get out of it. What year is your Rx300 too? AWD or FWD? Think it makes a difference on how long it will last?

thanks guys

• 2 months later...

Well, would you look at that.

All we ever hear about are the horror stories with the AWD RX300 transmission problems. Here are a few fine examples that prove to us that it is not EVERY AWD RX that has problems. I hope to get many miles out of ours too. I hope that my devotion to maintenance will prove to be the key over the years.

Tom

Well, would you look at that.

All we ever hear about are the horror stories with the AWD RX300 transmission problems.  Here are a few fine examples that prove to us that it is not EVERY AWD RX that has problems.  I hope to get many miles out of ours too.  I hope that my devotion to maintenance will prove to be the key over the years.

Tom

I can't believe there are AWD rx300's out there, high mileage, with the origional transmissions! It's just a few that go...like mine LOL

i only placed 33,289 miles on my 2000 RX300 before i got rid of it. but it was a FWD though, not an AWD

The front wheel drive transmission don't seem to be as bad. Although i have heard of them to go out early.

2001 AWD 78,000 Not one problem!

Do you know where your drain plugs for the coolant are on your engine block?

If you find out let me know how to get to em. Thanks

i only placed 33,289 miles on my 2000 RX300 before i got rid of it. but it was a FWD though, not an AWD

The front wheel drive transmission don't seem to be as bad. Although i have heard of them to go out early.

well if it is, not my problem anymore!! ;) :cheers:

just have to watch out for the GX now.... <_< :whistles:

well if it is, not my problem anymore!! ;) :cheers:

just have to watch out for the GX now.... <_< :whistles:

i haven't heard of any transmission probs with the gx? are there any?

• 2 years later...
How many miles do you have on your Rx300? I'm wondering how many more I can get out of it. What year is your Rx300 too? AWD or FWD? Think it makes a difference on how long it will last?

thanks guys

Hey, i have a 2002 RX300 AWD, and it has about 90,000 miles on it. Since it is a Lexus, which is a Toyota in disguise, you should be able to get at least 250,000 miles out of it, depending on how you take care of it!

2000 RX AWD, 113,000 miles. Did the 90k service(+WP and trans flush), did the IACV cleaning, have replaced the antenna-mast and all 6 original coils. Do a trans fluid flush every 30-40k (fluid still looks clear and red since the last one at 90k).

2000 rx300 fwd

almost 198,000 troublefree miles. just add gas and keep the oil changed. don't live anywhere

near a lexus dealer, so have never had any fluids flushed or major service by the dealer. did have a couple

of sensors replaced. i love this car and wish i could depend on another 100,000 but who knows. nobody

can believe it is this old with these miles on it and still look great!

Dawn, you all make my car look like a baby.

2000 RX300 AWD 49,500 so far and still running like a champ. never have any issue with Trans, Engine etc... Maybe because I have not towing anything since the day I bought it for my wife. soon I will do so.

regading to the maintenance. I did all the thing that I can do by myself (thanks to all the posts on this forums), I use Mobile1 Fully Syntetic for Engine Oil, breaks and the rest I use Royal Purple. So far, really happy with it and hope that it can last me a while.