Is300 Cd Changer Problems and Fixes

cdub

I was wondering if anyone had any problems with their cd changer kind of jamming. I hit the load button for the changer and try to load a cd but the changer won't accept it. It almost seems like there's something in the way, but I don't have any cd's in the changer.

Any ideas?

I saw on is300.net that the lexus audio systems can be a little sketchy. I bought my IS300 used a few weeks ago and it's not under warranty so I'd love to hear that there's a quick fix to this problem.

thanks!

chris

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I purchased my IS the salesman warned me about using CD-R disks. It's possible that the stick-on lable can come off inside the changer. Apparently it gets pretty hot in there. Since it's not under warranty you could either take it apart yourself and see if something is inside or I've seen them used on Ebay pretty cheap.

• 9 months later...
I was wondering if anyone had any problems with their cd changer kind of jamming. I hit the load button for the changer and try to load a cd but the changer won't accept it. It almost seems like there's something in the way, but I don't have any cd's in the changer.

Any ideas?

I saw on is300.net that the lexus audio systems can be a little sketchy. I bought my IS300 used a few weeks ago and it's not under warranty so I'd love to hear that there's a quick fix to this problem.

thanks!

chris

Did you solve this problem? I have the exact same problem. I try to put in a cd but it seems like there's something right at the opening thats blocking it from going in.

I'm going to try to open it up and see what happened.

bj

i have a 2001 is300, and I'm talking about the 6 disk in-dash player.

I had the same exact problem with my 2001 and it was no longer under warranty but took it in and i guess it's been a problem cause they asked no questions I made an appointment took it in again and they had it done in an hour they put a new one in. but it does get really hot in there so yeah be extra cautious with CD-R's

It might have been a recall cause all the problems i've heard about have been with the 2001's

• 1 month later...

My 6 CD changer in my is is acting up. I put in a CD and the player makes all these weird noises and then doesn't recognize it and its like I never put in a CD at all. Now if I try to eject the CD, it makes the noises and doesn't give it up. It doesn't give any of the CDs. I am under warranty. Is the CD changer under warranty? Or can anyone tell me what the funk is going on with my car?!?! :angry:

My 6 CD changer in my is is acting up. I put in a CD and the player makes all these weird noises and then doesn't recognize it and its like I never put in a CD at all. Now if I try to eject the CD, it makes the noises and doesn't give it up. It doesn't give any of the CDs. I am under warranty. Is the CD changer under warranty? Or can anyone tell me what the funk is going on with my car?!?! :angry:

I own an IS300 and the same thing happened to my cd player. As long as your car is under waranty and the disc did not get stuck as a result of your negligent actions i.e. you made a cd and the label came off in the cd player, then you are good.

Lexus will also mail you the cd's that are stuck in the broken cd player when they take apart the unit in thier factory.

Schedule an Appt. with your dealer,

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...

My 2001 IS 300 cd player stopped working. It says error 3 and none of the cd's will play or eject..anyone know how to get them out or how to take out the cd player..please help me!!!thanks you can e-mail me too at ashmoran311@yahoo.com

Seems like this is a pretty common problem. You could try resetting the system by disconnecting your battery for 10 min, and then reconnecting. Most people end up going to the dealer. They swap the CD unit out and when the repair company gets it they send you back your CD's. I've seen many cases of this posted on several boards.

Yea I called the Lexus dealer today and they said about 300 for a new cd player and 50 for labor..Does anyone know how to take the cd player or stero unit out yourself. My boyfriend tried last night but he didnt want to break anything. Anyone know how to take it out like if you were gonna put an aftermarket one in how you would do so???Thanks

If you want to take it out, you will need to start from the top. I don't know what year you have so... but anyhow. Its really easy to pull out, the only crap part is that you need to take out some other things to get to it. Its screwed in there nice and tidy. The work over all should take no more than an hour. If you are planning on getting an after market, make sure you get a mount too. =T But if you really want to take it out, I will give you some more detail on it or you can look up on a UK site <-- someone told me that after I dealt with the same problem as you. But you don't need a new CD player. After you get in there you can pop the CDs right now and put it back in and it will work. :whistles:

• 1 month later...

I have a 2002 IS300 with the Lexus branded 6 disk in-dash CD player. I have an annoying probelm to where some of my burned CDs will start skipping after the 2nd or third track is reached. I do not have this problem with any of my other CD players. I'm going to guess that it is some sort of compatiblility problem with the CD player, but I'm not sure. Has anyone else had this problem with this particular model before? Is it a defect?

Thanks for your time.

Lexus will tell you, and I believe it's in the owner's manual, not to play home made CD's in the player. I've read about cases of CD's getting stuck in the unit and having to take it out and send it back to Lexus to get it fixed. There have also been some warranty problems with the stock CD player, but if your problem is only with your burned CDR's, I'd just quit trying to play them.

Thanks. I've been using them ever since I have had he Lexus without any CDs getting stuck. It was just that some CDrs worked without skipping and other didn't. It is actually my older CDRs that work fine. The newer ones I have created do not seem to work as well. I have tried to lower the burn speed to 4X and sometimes that works.

Thanks again for quick reply.

there was a post recently that explains this problem being connected to how the CDr was "burned". I guess there are two methods that PC programs use to burn the tracks. One method does not cause problems with walkmans, home CD players, PC CD players and Lexus CD players. The other method causes problems when the Lexus CD player tries to read the tracks.

I burn my CDs with Roxio and have had no such problems.

I did have a problem with Memorex Audio CDs, but that was anywhere I played them. I use only Maxell or Sony now.

I will do a search and see if I can't find the thread I speak of.

steviej

• 2 weeks later...

:(

My 6 disk in dash cd changer will allow me to load in all CDs, however once the CD is read an "error1" flashes across the screen of the player. The owner's manual states to make sure the disc was inserted properly. These are not burned CDs, they are the originals. What am I doing wrong???

search on this topic. Several other IS owners have had the same problem and posted discussions and solutions.

Click on SEARCH (above), enter CHANGER as the search word, search in IS forum and search on TODAY with "older" selected.

good luck.

Is the car still under warranty, if so, take it to the dealer, you may get a new CD deck.

steviej.

Thanks Steviej.

The car is still under warranty, it is just a matter of driving it to the closest Lexus dealership. If I can't find anything on this forum when I try your search tips, I will just have to get off my duff and go. I miss my tunes.....

<span style='font-family:Optima'> :( </span>

My 6 disk in dash cd changer will allow me to load in all CDs, however once the CD is read an "error1" flashes across the screen of the player. The owner's manual states to make sure the disc was inserted properly. These are not burned CDs, they are the originals. What am I doing wrong???

I have a 2001 IS, and this past winter, just out of the blue, the changer went all screwy. read errors, and then a fast whirring sound! then it said there were fewer CDs inside than there were. i think one of the CDs came off the spindle or something (I don't know what's going on inside the guts of the changer.

To make a long story short, the car was under warrantee, so I took it to the dealer and they swapped in a new changer (the whole center radio, etc.) and a few weeks later, my cds arrived in an envelope from Lexus through the mail. one of the CDs was scratched, but I guess that's life.