A/c 92 Sc400

Last year the AC quit. I was out of town (Atlanta) had it fixed and the A/C switched over to the new 'Freon Replacement' Repair shop said the compressor had a vapor leak, and the other flanges were leaking (under pressure) Charge lasted about 4 hot months. Now it is

not working again (low 'freon'). I am bracing for worst (replace compressor), anyone know of alternatives, alternative to dealer (Central Bucks area of Pa)

TIA

I would watch exactly where the leaks occur. Did they identify where it is coming from? Based on that - you'll be able to decide a suitable course of action. I know the alternator in Canada goes for $950 so I'd imagine the compressor cost would be huge as well. That would have to be a last option. It may be able to get repaired - not sure where though .... you'll have to do a search and see what the shop says ... You could potentially save lots of money so spending some time researching it may be worthwhile.

You can buy the rebuilding kit from Lexus for about $95.00. It includes the compressor top seal (which is usually the culprit) and replace it also. All of the line connections have o-rings which can be ordered and replaced. That should do it.

Last year the AC quit.  I was out of town (Atlanta)  had it fixed and the A/C switched over to the new 'Freon Replacement'  Repair shop said the compressor had a vapor leak, and the other flanges were leaking (under pressure) Charge lasted about 4 hot months. Now it is

not working again (low 'freon').  I am bracing for worst (replace compressor), anyone know of alternatives, alternative to dealer (Central Bucks area of Pa)

TIA