Moisture In Headlamp

Hello, I just noticed there are moisture in my left headlamp and it' going away. Looked all around and didn't see any sign of crack or bad seal. Any ideas? Is the only fix is to get a new headlamp? I did the converting turn lamps into fog lights, this wouldn't have anything to do with it, right?

1994 SC400

Thanks,

Moony400

• 1 month later...

I just finished fixing my left headlight assy on my SC400. The culprit on my light assy was the bottom curved drain hose tube was too loose. For some reason the mfg. made them too small and wouldn't stop water flow from the outside of the rubber where it connects to the headlight assy. And my light assy is only a year old. I simply used silicon sealer on it. You have to remove the headlight assy in order to fix it. Taking it off of the car with althe bulb assy's installed gave me a chance to pour water over it from the kitchen spray hose and find the leak. First I had to remove all of the bulb assy's and use a hair dryer untill the the inside was dry. I then used the kitchen spray hose under very low drizzle from one corner of the light assy to the other corner while looking through the clear plastic untill I saw what area the water was leaking from. That should help you out. Taking the headlight assy out of the car is no big deal. You need to jack up that side of the car to gain access to the fender well panel and remove as many screws as needed to pull the panel back enough to gain access to the two mounting nuts located inside the fender well. Then remove the mounting nut from under the hood, disconnect the buld connectors and wiggle the light assy out of the body. Good luck. This worked for me. Ric :)

• 3 years later...
I just finished fixing my left headlight assy on my SC400. The culprit on my light assy was the bottom curved drain hose tube was too loose. For some reason the mfg. made them too small and wouldn't stop water flow from the outside of the rubber where it connects to the headlight assy. And my light assy is only a year old. I simply used silicon sealer on it. You have to remove the headlight assy in order to fix it. Taking it off of the car with althe bulb assy's installed gave me a chance to pour water over it from the kitchen spray hose and find the leak. First I had to remove all of the bulb assy's and use a hair dryer untill the the inside was dry. I then used the kitchen spray hose under very low drizzle from one corner of the light assy to the other corner while looking through the clear plastic untill I saw what area the water was leaking from. That should help you out. Taking the headlight assy out of the car is no big deal. You need to jack up that side of the car to gain access to the fender well panel and remove as many screws as needed to pull the panel back enough to gain access to the two mounting nuts located inside the fender well. Then remove the mounting nut from under the hood, disconnect the buld connectors and wiggle the light assy out of the body. Good luck. This worked for me. Ric :)

ricfla, you are too cool. First, I would avoid even replacing the parking light assembly on my SC400; double the avoidance ragarding the headlamp. For the parking light assy, Lexus charged $65.00, if I recall. Anyway, just want to pass on a recent discovery relating to headlamps. You've seen the ones with the lenses oxidized? Lexus has a product for $29.95 that you can use just like polishing your car. Get it from Pep Boys, much cheaper. Word of warning: unless the lense is super oxidized, don't use the little pads. Try to hang with the clarifyer and take your time and be patient with the process. Mine turned out as clear as a new one. Thanks for your post, BTW.

• 5 weeks later...

Moony,

If you need to see pictures on how to remove the headlights I have some. I just took off my front bumper and both headlights to repaint part of the bumper and replace some bulbs. Let me know