Bushings

Wilfred

Hello

I need new bushings (1990 Lexus Ls400 with airbags but soon strutmasters) but a shop asked me which ones! This is what happens, go over speed bumps slowly it creaks, Full look in the car park it makes a sound, on the highway when u have long turns it wants to push wide. And caused uneven tyrewear so that i can't get a proper wheel alignment.

Anyone know which bushing i would need? Any diagram on how to replace them?

It sounds like your strut bushings are worn, but you mentioned that your tyres are wearing unevenly. That's a totally different thing. what were your alignment readings?

The steering wheel just points left when your going straight. So i thought its just an easy alignment job, paid $50 and the steering is point right now while its going straight. Its just annoying more than anything.

Any vibration on highway? Wandering steering feel other than wanting to understeer? Sounds like balljoints and/or outter tie rods in conjuction to the bushings. It sounds like lower control arm bushings as well. How many miles on the car?

Odd as it sounds, stabiliser bar bushings were the culprit for a creaky suspension in my '93 Corolla. New stabiliser bushings sorted the problem.

As for the garage you're using... If they don't know which bushings need replacing, you should consider finding another garage.