03 Cobra?

TwenTurbos

Awesome cars. Should run 12's in the 1/4 all day stock and you can get something like another 100 hp very easily.

On the other hand, the cobra will set you back $35k! If I was going to get a NEW car for speed, Id honestly get a new Dodge SRT-4 for $20k, then spend $5k on mods to blow the doors off that cobra.

There is just something about kicking a V8's !Removed! with a 4-banger that appeals to me.

12's from the factory? Not without a gear change.

A neon srt - beating a 12 sec cobra? Highly unlikely.

1 is a dodge, the other is a ford. Need I say more?

Cobra's are cool cars. I wouldn't buy one.

AWJ, I totally Concur. I am actually a big fan of the V8, I don't believe the 12's from it stock but i would put my money on mid 13's. Something a stock 4 banger Neon couldn't ever do. Cobras are cool, but how about those new pony's?? I think they are pretty damn cool. BTW, which is faster the 02 cobra or 02 SS? Just curios.

My mother just bought the 03 Cobra thats why i was asking. She had it dynoed last weeks on the second pull it read 378hp @ wheels. she is not the best driver in the world and she pulled a 12.80 @ 121. I have herd that with a mild cam, nice exhaust system and the 2.2 pulley off the ford lightning supercharger and push the Cobra into the 11's with nothing more than 2 grand give or take. Thanks for your thoughts

Cheers :cheers:

One is a Ford the other is a Dodge.....I dont see your point. What does Ford have that is faster than a Viper? Even Ford's Lightning is going to have to step it up a notch to keep up with the new Dodge Ram SRT-10. Dont underestimate PVO!

Yes the Cobra runs 12's no problem from the factory. The SRT runs 13.9 stock. Runs 13.5 with Stage I ($400). I get to educate AWJ for a change! :D

http://srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php...=&threadid=2228

Theres a bunch of timeslips, some stock, some not. Most of the higher times you see are people trying to figure out how to get traction with lotsa power on a fwd car. Fastest stock trim timeslips Ive seen were 13.9. Most people can get 14.1 with a little practice. Throw on some stiff motor mounts to cure the wheel hop and breaking into the 13's seems to be pretty easy.

Stage I just came out and 13.5 - 13.6 were seen immediately. Its got a cool feature where it holds the RPMs during WOT shifting. This makes power shifting safer on the engine AND holds that boost pressure up there for the next gear. Stage II will be out in a few months and we should see 275hp/275tq.

Stage III is claimed to be 300hp/300tq but it wont be road legal because the upgraded exhaust system doesnt have a catalytic converter. Have to wait and see if someone can hit 300hp and stay road legal. Not to mention that these staged upgrades are Mopars offerings through the dealerships. Who knows what other aftermarket routes will yield.

Dodge under rated the car for what im guessing is insurance purposes. 225hp, 245tq are the usual stock dynos and the car weighs less than 3000lb with a very broad power band.

About the Cobra: I dont follow those cars as closely, but these cars are monsters! Ill look around and find some stock 1/4 mile timeslips today if I get a chance.

This is a good discussion. I feel it would be better suited for the general discussions forum though. Keep it coming. I've got links on the cobra - but it is not street trim that they are hitting 12's with. I have no times with our car yet, but if I put space saver spares and run some mickey's - I could hit 12 too. Maybe. :unsure:

03 is what i call a bad !Removed! car. For its price, no one can beat it, in drag and handling. With headers, chip and pulley you are looking at 500 rwhp. That is awesome. I have done a lot to my 98 Cobra and its hitting high 11s. From the factory with the above mod will give the Viper a run for the money.

AWJ, I totally Concur. I am actually a big fan of the V8, I don't believe the 12's from it stock but i would put my money on mid 13's. Something a stock 4 banger Neon couldn't ever do. Cobras are cool, but how about those new pony's?? I think they are pretty damn cool. BTW, which is faster the 02 cobra or 02 SS? Just curios.

HA HA there guy nice try... The 02 SS would kick the Cobra.. Why can I be so sure? They did not make and 02 Cobra that is why. It went (with new body style) 99, 2000 (Cobra R only), 2001, 2003. Next year for Cobras will be 2005