Burnt Out Bulbs Up Front

Blue Donkey

First time posting:

I have burnt out bulbs on both sides (parking lights) and cannot figure out how to remove the light covers or access them to replace the bulbs. The headlights are working fine and the back parking lights work but nothing up front. At first I was thinking it my be a fuse but they all look great.

Thanks for any help. This forum has been a great help to me (and my husband) as we just got our first Lexus LX450 and I love it. I did siqn up with lexus.com, as posted, and they are sending me a free manul as I did not get one with the sale of the truck.

First time posting:

I have  burnt out bulbs on both sides (parking lights) and cannot figure out how to remove the light covers or access them to replace the bulbs. The headlights are working fine and the back parking lights work but nothing up front.  At first I was thinking it my be a fuse but they all look great.

Thanks  for any help.  This forum has been a great help to me (and my husband) as we just got our first Lexus LX450 and I love it.  I did siqn up with lexus.com, as posted, and they are sending me a free manul as I did not get one with the sale of the truck.

dougjohn2 where are you? I was hoping you could answer this question. My LX will look so much better with those parking lights working. I was just hoping I would not have to dismantel the whole inside of my engine compartment to change a bulb. Help!

You rang? :D

Which "parking lights" up front? The ones under the headlights or the ones on the side? Just looking for clarification before getting too deep into it (and to give me a little time to review the manual, if necessary ;))

As for where I've been? I usually play here: http://forum.ih8mud.com/ in the 80series tech forum (and waste a lot of time in the ChitChat forum there as well) I'm NorCalDoug over there :)

You rang?  :D

Which "parking lights" up front?  The ones under the headlights or the ones on the side?  Just looking for clarification before getting too deep into it (and to give me a little time to review the manual, if necessary ;))

As for where I've been?  I usually play here: http://forum.ih8mud.com/ in the 80series tech forum (and waste a lot of time in the ChitChat forum there as well)  I'm NorCalDoug over there :)

Not to be nosing in :whistles: but when I saw this thread I went and took a quick glance at the two possible lights in question. The parking light below the headlights looked pretty straight forward with the two screws on the cover plate, but I was a little stumped about how to get in the turn signal indicator. I didn't come across anything after a brief review of the FSM, so I'd be interested if you locate anything on that.

:cheers:

Rookie

If it's the corner lights, take a look at the first 2 pictures on this write-up: http://www.sleeoffroad.com/technical/tz_indicator.htm

The entire write-up details adding a "blinker" bulb in the corner housing, but unless you're interested in doing that, ignore everything after the first 2 pictures and the accompanying text.

All that should be required is removal of the one screw (as indicated in the write-up) and pulling the entire corner light housing forward (i.e. toward the front of the vehicle. Some have reported problems removing -- keep pulling on it, it should come off... BE CAREFUL TO NOT PULL TOO HARD. I know that's a contradiction, but you want to be careful to not yank the plug wires out ;)

If you are talking about the lights below the headlights, Rookie just posted info for those lights.

• 1 month later...
If it's the corner lights, take a look at the first 2 pictures on this write-up: http://www.sleeoffroad.com/technical/tz_indicator.htm

The entire write-up details adding a "blinker" bulb in the corner housing, but unless you're interested in doing that, ignore everything after the first 2 pictures and the accompanying text.

All that should be required is removal of the one screw (as indicated in the write-up) and pulling the entire corner light housing forward (i.e. toward the front of the vehicle.  Some have reported problems removing -- keep pulling on it, it should come off...  BE CAREFUL TO NOT PULL TOO HARD.  I know that's a contradiction, but you want to be careful to not yank the plug wires out ;)

If you are talking about the lights below the headlights, Rookie just posted info for those lights.

Thanks so much for the link and information! It was indeed only one screw and being careful not to pull to hard. It was a quicky fix, it took all of 10 minutes. I now have running lights. :cheers: Later I would like to add a "blinker" bulb, thank again. :D

Thanks so much for the link and information!  It was indeed only one screw and being careful not to pull to hard. It was a quicky fix, it took all of 10 minutes.  I now have running lights.  :cheers: Later I would like to add a "blinker" bulb, thank again.  :D

Good deal. You're welcome.