New Rx330 2wd For $41000 Good Price?

jianlam

I have just bought a brand new RX330 for $41000, it is the regular version without DVD and all the good stuff, but pretty much standard from the premium package, I was talking to my co-worker and he said the price should be lower? Anyone knows whether the price $41000 is reasonable for a 2WD with premium package? Or did i pay too much, thank you guys, this forum is great.

One more things guy, my cousin she wants to buy the same vehicle since she fall inlove with it after she drove my car yesterday, :D , so just wondering, is that any of you guys live in the souther california area that knows good deal for the rx330, so she won't get ovepay again, haha, thanks, btw, she is looking for the fwd w/ navi, thank you

I hope that was your out the door price including all taxes, etc. , otherwise that would exceed MSRP per the Lexus Website. Even with taxes, it sounds somewhat high to me. Perhaps the FWD is not discounted as much as the AWD due to lower volume of sales and availability. Anyway, it is a great car and too late to worry about what you paid for it, so just enjoy driving it.

In April of 2004, i bought my 04 rx330 for $43,500 w/o taxes etc. It had EVERYthing including DVD, navigation and rear camera etc. It was the nicest one they had on the lot, or could order!

Many say that i got a GREAt deal for it, considering it had everything. It was just luck; one day i was driving buy and saw her on the lot. It was blue on ivory; just what i was looking for. Supposedly someone had ordered it a WHILE back and decided they didn't want it at the last second. It had been hanging around a while; i guess my dealer just wanted to get rid of it. It had 20 miles on it when i bought it, and now has 41k miles on it! not one single problem with it; it's a great car, no matter the cost. If i hadn't seen this one, i would have spent over $45,000 if i needed to for the same thing.

It was the all wheel drive too. Not the 2wd which i think is less $$$ ?

If you are in San Gabriel, CA, then you probably got it from Longo. They routinely sell RX330's at about the invoice (look it up at Edmunds or KBB). For a FWD with no DVD and no NAV, sounds you paid a little too much, but as someone else said, too late to do anything about it, you were willing to pay that much, so just enjoy it.

If you are in San Gabriel, CA, then you probably got it from Longo. They routinely sell RX330's at about the invoice (look it up at Edmunds or KBB). For a FWD with no DVD and no NAV, sounds you paid a little too much, but as someone else said, too late to do anything about it, you were willing to pay that much, so just enjoy it.

thank you all guys .. i got the rx330 2wd with baisc premium package from longo for out of door price $41000, which has no navi or rear cam., haha, think i overpaid them guess, sucks, beside, i paid it off once, should have get a cheaper price, guess i got jack.. haha

That is expensive because i got my 2005 rx330 last month for a price of $37900 (invoice) w/o taxes and it had navigation. The MSRP was almost $43k

thank you very much, cause i live in southern cali, think there is price different because different area?? thanks

That is expensive because i got my 2005 rx330 last month for a price of $37900 (invoice) w/o taxes and it had navigation. The MSRP was almost $43k

Wow you got a really good deal!

agree, super deal, with navi and cam., that is super nice,

i like the ride a lot, especially when i got stuck in traffic, it is very comfortable

In April of 2004, i bought my 04 rx330 for $43,500 w/o taxes etc. It had EVERYthing including DVD, navigation and rear camera etc. It was the nicest one they had on the lot, or could order!

Many say that i got a GREAt deal for it, considering it had everything. It was just luck; one day i was driving buy and saw her on the lot. It was blue on ivory; just what i was looking for. Supposedly someone had ordered it a WHILE back and decided they didn't want it at the last second. It had been hanging around a while; i guess my dealer just wanted to get rid of it. It had 20 miles on it when i bought it, and now has 41k miles on it! not one single problem with it; it's a great car, no matter the cost. If i hadn't seen this one, i would have spent over $45,000 if i needed to for the same thing.

It was the all wheel drive too. Not the 2wd which i think is less $$$ ?

your ride must be super nice, i got mine out of door $41000, but baisc premium package, of course 2wd :blushing: , haha, thank you

I hope that was your out the door price including all taxes, etc. , otherwise that would exceed MSRP per the Lexus Website.  Even with taxes, it sounds somewhat high to me.  Perhaps the FWD is not discounted as much as the AWD due to lower volume of sales and availability.  Anyway, it is a great car and too late to worry about what you paid for it, so just enjoy driving it.

right, i was buying it in a hurry, ;) , thank you very much

but that price is out of door u know ... $41000 out of door, u think that is still too high? do u know anywhere else that can be cheaper, my cousin she wants to buy the same one but she is looking around $39000, is that possible?

I also live in San Gabriel, but i went to lexus of glendale to buy my rx330 because they had the best offer. I went to longo and called cerritos and westminster, but they were not willing to offer invoice price. But i guess you bought the car already so ENJOY! I love my car!

I also live in San Gabriel, but i went to lexus of glendale to buy my rx330 because they had the best offer. I went to longo and called cerritos and westminster, but they were not willing to offer invoice price. But i guess you bought the car already so ENJOY! I love my car!

the thing is my cousin she wants to buy another one, so you know what price is consider reasonable? she wants the 2wd version with navi and rear carm. thanks for your help

Well, I am paying $42.500 without TTL for my 05 with Nav and ML audio.

I feel like I am overpaying a bit, but its the vehicle I want.

What do you think.

I prefer to buy my cars through Costco Auto Program because they negotiate the price for you so you do not have to bother haggling the price and worry about being ripped off. I bought my Mercedes and Lexus through Costco.

What do you think.

I prefer to buy my cars through Costco Auto Program because they negotiate the price for you so you do not have to bother haggling the price and worry about being ripped off. I bought my Mercedes and Lexus through Costco.

costco auto program, is there a website available for there, thank you?

What do you think.

well for TTL is about another 10%, so the out of door price is around $46000 - $47000, but I am looking for somewhere around $43000, :D

the thing is my cousin she wants to buy another one, so you know what price is consider reasonable? she wants the 2wd version with navi and rear carm. thanks for your help

Well the price i got was pretty good, but you could probably knock off another

couple hundred if you pick a car on the lot. I had to keep calling glendale becaue they didn't have my color and the second day they got the car, i bought it. If you want, i can recommend you the sales person.

Wow, that Costco referral was a great idea. Turns out that the Costco contact for my dealership is the salesman I have been working with.

At this point my only worry is if they will actually honor that price since I have already put a down payment on one that is still in transit.

What do you guys think?

I purchased my 04 RX330 FWD with Premium Plus package for $500 under invoice (invoice was $35.5k) through the AAA service back in August '04. Both AAA and Costco offered the car for the same price, through different dealerships. I chose the dealership that could offer immediate delivery, which was South Bay Lexus in SoCal. Out the door price was about $37.9k.

I actually only wanted the Premium package (without the wood steering wheel and other niceties - I prefer all leather), but was told that the Premium Plus package was Lexus' baseline configuration for this area. Thus, this was the most stripped down version I could buy. No regrets, and I got what I still think is a great deal, available to anyone with a Costco or AAA membership.

I purchased my 04 RX330 FWD with Premium Plus package for $500 under invoice (invoice was $35.5k) through the AAA service back in August '04.  Both AAA and Costco offered the car for the same price, through different dealerships.  I chose the dealership that could offer immediate delivery, which was South Bay Lexus in SoCal.  Out the door price was about $37.9k.

I actually only wanted the Premium package (without the wood steering wheel and other niceties - I prefer all leather), but was told that the Premium Plus package was Lexus' baseline configuration for this area.  Thus, this was the most stripped down version I could buy.  No regrets, and I got what I still think is a great deal, available to anyone with a Costco or AAA membership.

wow, great deal, can you give me some detail instruction of how to get this deal from costco?? just being a regular member, is that all it need? thank you

It's very easy. You only need a regular "Gold Star" membership or above. Go to the Costco.com website. Click on the Services link at the top. Click on the Costco Auto Sales link. This will take you to the Costco Auto Sales website. Go from there....

The only point where I believe you are supposed to verify your Costco or AAA eligibility is when you close the deal, at which point you're supposed to provide your Costco or AAA card, so they can make a copy for their records. However, I was never asked to provide this proof of eligibility. I suspect that is because the deal I was offered was a standard "fleet sales" deal, since the contacts at both dealerships was the Fleet Sales Manager.

Well, I spoke with my salesman this morning. Seems that I had negotiated a deal that was $500 LESS than the Costco price. So, yes it will give you a good price, but obviously you can still negotiate.

My price was 42.6k with Thundercloud/ML/NAV/Tow/H.Seats/AccPkg

So there ya go.

my cousin she wants to buy the same one but she is looking around $39000, is that possible?

$39,000 out the door is exactly what I paid in Feb. for a FWD with Prem Plus (i.e., Longo's most stripped down trim), saleman was Tony Shei (sp ?).

Before you go, check on Carsdirect.com for the model and trim you want, Longo is a supplier to carsdirect, your final negotiated price should be less than carsdirect's price.