Trunk Relase

I have a problem with trunk relase button, it is locked and i cant reopen it with key - core is damaged probably.. It is strange but gas door is in working order but maybe it is not connected in this "locksystem" I don´t know..

Right now I can only open my trunk outside of the car with the key, it is not comfortable to be honest.. does anybody knows how to fix it?

tom

sc400

The trunk release from the cabin is electronic. Something is wrong in that circuit. I'll try to get some info - buisy again today. :(

Hmm, okay. So you're correct. The fuel lid is not in the system.

1. Luggage compartment door opener main switch and opener switch circuit.

2. luggage compartment door opener motor circuit.

3. theft deterrent and door lock control ecu.

Is your key battery replaced yet? If so, do your doors work off the remote key? - oh wait - your not the one with the dead key battery - nevermind :wacko:

Edited by AWJ

AWJ thank you very much for time but I think you got me wrong..

I think everything is ok with this electronic circuit and key battarey. It´s just I cant relock this trunc relace button with car key..

This lock is damaged and I cant turn it with the key.. the question is how could I reconnect this lock from trunk relase button so I could open it .

thanks

tom

sc400

I guess I'm not understanding. Does the trunk close? And you can open it with the key in the lock only - correct? But you want to open it with the key button? That was only available in 1998+. Does the release inside the car work? I might need to see a picture. I'm confused.

:))) jeah you dont understand my problem. I´ll try once again to spell it.

inside the car, left side below the dash I have fuel lid opener and trunk relase button but between of these two I have lock which is for locking trunk relase button for security I quess... I explane how it should work: if I push this lock down I cant open trunk inside of the car. Now if i´d like to open trunk from inside of the car I have to turn ignition key in this lock and it relocks the trunk opener..

damn it is hard to explane i´ll try to get photo for you

tom

sc400

actually i dont know because i couldnt open trunk inside since i bought the car...as I understand you guys dont have this lock between fuel lid opener and trunk relase button?

mhh?

I actually have the same problem, everytime I warm up my car and I forget something in the trunk, i have to turn the car off and unlock the trunk. It is inconvenient, i know where your coming from. I just might take it somewhere to get fixed. Which is something I'd rather take care of myself. ;)

When the core is pushed in it disables the trunk pop release, you need the key to reset the disabler.

see if you can bring the core to a local lock-smith and they will re-core it to match your factory key. try to remore the parts cuz they might need them overnight or 2.

Hope this helps.

P.S.

Only the MAIN master key will unlock this button, same as the exterior trunk core

It is a vallet switch so others can't open the trunk. if you dont have the master key for your car then try the dealership to get the key-codes from your VIN and cut a new key.