Small Brown Spot

LotusElise

Could you be a little more specific, like where?:whistles:

1 is on the front bumper towards the passengar side. The other is near the rear driver side wheel well. I tried to take pics in the garage but they are not coming out. I will take pics in the sunlight.

I tried to wax them out but it seems like they are underneath the clear coat.

I've noticed brown spots after delivery on my blizzard pearl white GX. Extensive research for the cause it seems that the silicon tire prep, or whatever makes tire shiny was the culprit. Wash your tires and try cleaning the affected area with wax prep and seal your paint with paint sealant or a quality wax. My brown spots went away in about 2 weeks after the silicon dried up. Note: Do not use harsh chemical or abrasives to remove this spots-this is the dealers choice to address this issue that will leave your paint bare with little or no clearcoat

I've noticed brown spots after delivery on my blizzard pearl white GX. Extensive research for the cause it seems that the silicon tire prep, or whatever makes tire shiny was the culprit. Wash your tires and try cleaning the affected area with wax prep and seal your paint with paint sealant or a  quality wax. My brown spots went away in about 2 weeks after the silicon dried up. Note: Do not use harsh chemical or abrasives to remove this spots-this is the dealers  choice to address this issue that will leave your paint bare with little or no clearcoat

hmmm, this is strange.... :wacko:

Well, my 5000 miles service won't be for another month or so.  I will try to work it out before then.

I will also try to get some pics snapped this weekend.

yah i have a white one but i dont have any brown spots..maybe your paint is buffed...try taking it to the dealer ship

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so the spots do not come out that well in the photos. It is not noticeable on the car unless you are really looking for it. My question is, is the dealer going to mess it up my paint job trying to correct this? If so, I would rather just leave it alone.

post-16466-1117594227_thumb.jpg

OK, so the spots do not come out that well in the photos.  It is not noticeable on the car unless you are really looking for it.  My question is, is the dealer going to mess it up my paint job trying to correct this?  If so, I would rather just leave it alone.

if they do then tell them to repaint the whole car or just give u a new 1 cuz i wouldnt be very mad if they messed up my paint job...the spots shouldnt be there n e ways..

good luck