Magnaflow Exhaust For 1999 Gs 400

Hi everyone, I'm a 45 year old noob to the Lexus world. I purchased a 1999 GS 400 with 9,300 original miles on it last weekend for my wife. This car is looks awesome for being 6 years old & we couldn't be happier with this purchase... anyway here's my question.

I have a few high performance vehicles that are turbo charged (930 Porsche & highly built Evo VIII). My wife wants her GS 400 to have a throaty rumble w/low cabin noise.

I've searched the forums and like what everyone has had to say about the Magnaflow exhaust. What I've noticed is everyone has installed these on SC300/400's.

Do I need to do a full cat-back system to achive my goals for the GS 400.... or would swaping out mufflers work as well. I'm not looking for H.P. gains (or to spend big $$$), just a nice exhaust note. I'd like to hear from other GS 400 owners who have modified their exhaust utilizing the Magnaflow or other exhaust systems. I live in South Orange County in California if you have any referrals for that area.

Thanks.... Tim

I have the borlas also and let me tell you, at first I thought they were too quiet. It wasn't until after 6 months or so that they matured into a great sound. Not too loud in the cabin either. Oh one more thing, the borla is a cat-back system.