Xenon On 2005's

cowabunga

I am about to buy a 2005 GX470. The salesman tells me that the lights are xenon and that it is standard accessory. Searching this forum, it seems xenon's are not available for the GX470 (perhaps on earlier models).

Can anyone confirm if the 2005's come with xenon? The lights definitely don't look like your regular run-of-the-mill halogens. Not sure if they are xenons either though.

TIA.

Get yourself a NEW dealer, the standard lights are HALOGEN, H11 (bulb type). At the dealership have him TURN on the lights and you'll see they are YELLOWISH and white/blue. Sounds misinformed to me, if he INSISTS on telling you they are XENON anyway, have him take out the BROCHURE for the GX470 last page specifies HALOGEN... :censored: pushy, misinformed sales people...

Can anyone confirm if the 2005's come with xenon? The lights definitely don't look like your regular run-of-the-mill halogens. Not sure if they are xenons either though.

TIA.

They are halogen, but they are the best halogen's that I've ever seen on a car. The brights light up wayyyyy down the road. They use projector lenses that seem to make them better then the average halogen.

the saleman doesn't know what he is talking about, tell him to learn more about the gx before selling them. i'm about to buy xenon light from xenon depot.

Has anyone who has installed xenon have any problems due to the fact xenon are required to have a self leveling system? Or having people flash them due to blinding them?

I opted for the Hoen H11 Titaniums. They kick !Removed!, look very, very white compared to the fogs and like people have said, the projector works flawlessly to begin with and an affordable HID type bulb works great.

www.hoen-usa.com

You can get an HID aftermarket kit but now your mounting ballasts and overtaxing the cars wiring during HID ignition which over 50-60,000m of on and off use can and will eat the relay which is about $190 and $400 in labor. But you cannot beat HIDs period. I think there is a sponsor on here selling HID kits.

Overtaxing the electrical system?

Reduced power consumption

XENON HID lamp systems draw significantly less power from your vehicles electrical system.

More light output

A 35-Watt XENON HID lamp produces up to 3x the lumens at the light source when compared to a 55-Watt halogen bulb.

As for the install, it took 20 min. to mount the ballasts and plug in a few wires.

$400 in labor? I'll charge ya $50 for the 20 min. :lol:

• 5 months later...
Overtaxing the electrical system?

Reduced power consumption

XENON HID lamp systems draw significantly less power from your vehicles electrical system.

More light output

A 35-Watt XENON HID lamp produces up to 3x the lumens at the light source when compared to a 55-Watt halogen bulb.

As for the install, it took 20 min. to mount the ballasts and plug in a few wires.

$400 in labor? I'll charge ya $50 for the 20 min.    :lol:

Can you recomend the model of XENON HID, and where to buy it?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
I opted for the Hoen H11 Titaniums.  They kick !Removed!, look very, very white compared to the fogs and like people have said, the projector works flawlessly to begin with and an affordable HID type bulb works great.

www.hoen-usa.com

You can get an HID aftermarket kit but now your mounting ballasts and overtaxing the cars wiring during HID ignition which over 50-60,000m of on and off use can and will eat the relay which is about $190 and $400 in labor.  But you cannot beat HIDs period.  I think there is a sponsor on here selling HID kits.

Did you upgrade the sockets?

I opted for the Hoen H11 Titaniums.  They kick !Removed!, look very, very white compared to the fogs and like people have said, the projector works flawlessly to begin with and an affordable HID type bulb works great.

www.hoen-usa.com

You can get an HID aftermarket kit but now your mounting ballasts and overtaxing the cars wiring during HID ignition which over 50-60,000m of on and off use can and will eat the relay which is about $190 and $400 in labor.  But you cannot beat HIDs period.  I think there is a sponsor on here selling HID kits.

Did you upgrade the sockets?

No, 70w holding up fine after 24,000m. High beams are 60w and wiring looks the same so Im sure a bump up of 10w is fine as is the draw.