120k Tune Up!

hey....

I've had my car since sept. 04(106,000mi.) I have changed my oil every 3,000 miles and what not...but I have never changed anything else... My car now has 120,000mi. And its time for a tuneup...what all should I change/tune up other than the spark plugs...oil change? Should I get a fuel injection cleaning? What kind of spark plugs should I use? Brand?

Thanks...

Dee

hey....

I've had my car since sept. 04(106,000mi.) I have changed my oil every 3,000 miles and what not...but I have never changed anything else... My car now has 120,000mi. And its time for a tuneup...what all should I change/tune up other than the spark plugs...oil change? Should I get a fuel injection cleaning? What kind of spark plugs should I use? Brand?

Thanks...

Dee

Ahhh yes the good ol tune up if you contact your local lexus dealer they will usually give you a lengthy list of everything that needs to be done at 120k that is what i did and then slowly started checking off the list one by one. You may want to check your timing belt at this point too if you have not already had it changed recently.

I agree. Check:

1. Timing Belt (I paid $375 at Lexus Dealer)

2. Water Pump (usually replaced w/ timing belt)

3. OEM Air Filter (Max. $17)

4. PCV Valve (Max. $10)

5. Inspect all fluids, especially the transmission fluid.

That's my initial list and if you have the money take the car in for a 120k mile service at Lexus.

I agree. Check:

1. Timing Belt (I paid $375 at Lexus Dealer)

2. Water Pump (usually replaced w/ timing belt)

3. OEM Air Filter (Max. $17)

4. PCV Valve (Max. $10)

5. Inspect all fluids, especially the transmission fluid.

That's my initial list and if you have the money take the car in for a 120k mile service at Lexus.

Please tell me the Lexus dealer in your area (Indianapolis?) where you can get a timing belt & water pump replaced for $375. Hell, I'll drive there from the Seattle area and I'd still come out ahead moneywise factoring in gas, motels, oli changes, etc.