Rear Door Lock Problems

:chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot:

i'm now having problems with my rear door lock. at times, the lock would jam, leaving it in the lock position even after pressing the unlock button (on the remote and inside). so i figured, maybe it just got stuck a little or something, so for a few days, if i had the problem, i would just lock, unlock, lock, unlock, lock, unlock from the switch and it would openm. today, i couldn't get the door open at all!!

anyone else had this problem and if so, what did the dealer do to fix it (meaning, did they do a lot of dismantling of the plastics inside)??

Updated lock assembly for this problem. Dealer will relpace the lock/latch assembly by removing the rear door lower trim panel.

you were correct. i can't believe something simple as a door lock would break on a $50k car!! <_<

Updated lock assembly for this problem. Dealer will relpace the lock/latch assembly by removing the rear door lower trim panel.

you were correct. i can't believe something simple as a door lock would break on a $50k car!! <_<

hey everyone makes mistakes...do u have any children? they might be playing with it while u didnt notice...just a thought....but its necessary u use the button to unlock the car..this could ruin the mechanism..and if im still wrong....as i said earlier, everyone makes mistakes

hey everyone makes mistakes...do u have any children? they might be playing with it while u didnt notice...just a thought....but its necessary u use the button to unlock the car..this could ruin the mechanism..and if im still wrong....as i said earlier, everyone makes mistakes

no it was not because of children playing with it. fyi, there are defective locks on some GX470s and they have the updates for it at the dealer.

no it was not because of children playing with it. fyi, there are defective locks on some GX470s and they have the updates for it at the dealer.

o my bad, well i do not visit the dealer often so wouldnt no...srry

o my bad, well i do not visit the dealer often so wouldnt no...srry

my point was that it wasn't caused by mistake. just a defective lock. besides, well i didn't mention this on my first message, but i've heard of this situation from someone else awhile back so i knew that it might be the same thing as my problem. besides, i have a van that (obviously) has an identical locking mechanism (even though it opens up) for the rear door and it never busted out. heck, most of the time that rear door gets slammed when closing.

• 1 year later...

since my 04 is out of warranty, how much should this type of service cost me? What parts are required? My dealer is trying to hose me telling me its about $1,000 worth of parts!!!

dba

• 1 month later...
Your 04 is out of warranty? I must have had it replaced just within warranty because my 04 had the same problem and the dealer repaired it because it was a known issue.

You should still be within warranty if you have less than 50k miles, or you've extended it. Yours should be up in 2008. ;)