Not Lexus Owner Anymore, Sorry Guys :(

Zdeno

Hi guys. I was thinking to buy another Lexus but I´ve got good charge so I bought Acura. 1997 V6 3.2TL with 130K, original owner, dealer serviced for 6K. Looks like new. Fist I have to say that this car is much more harder i mean that I can feel every bump on the road but it is more sports car. It is very fast and acceleration is very good compare to my previous 1991 LS400. But the LS400 was too heavy. So I´d say that this car works very well for me because I´m 26 and I like the acceleration. IT´S NOT A LEXUS but good car too. OK guys, thanks for advices nad maybe see you later when I´ll buy another LEX. ENJOY YOUR LEX !! :cheers:

Hi guys. I was thinking to buy another Lexus but I´ve got good charge so I bought Acura. 1997 V6 3.2TL with 130K, original owner, dealer serviced for 6K. Looks like new. Fist I have to say that this car is much more harder i mean that I can feel every bump on the road but it is more sports car. It is very fast and acceleration is very good compare to my previous 1991 LS400. But the LS400 was too heavy. So I´d say that this car works very well for me because I´m 26 and I like the acceleration. IT´S NOT A LEXUS but good car too. OK guys, thanks for advices nad maybe see you later when I´ll buy another LEX. ENJOY YOUR LEX !!  :cheers:

Did you sell your '91, trade it in, or keep it? Curious about what you got for it, dollar-wise.

Trannies in the pre-2000 models are pretty solid as I recall. I had a 1997 Accord which is the same platform as his TL and it was a good car, albeit a bit thin in the luxury department.

I believe the first generation TLs were made in Japan, unlike the problematic second- and third-gen TLs.

I also owned a 2001 TL which was a pretty good car. But I'm not sure I'd call a first- or second-gen TL "very fast."

I'd much rather have a solid second-gen legend than a TL. I also test drove the 2005 TL before I bought my LS430. No comparison, thing feels like a piece of junk in comparison. Fun to drive, though.

My 92' Acura Legend had a much more firm ride than my 90' LS400 had, despite the longer wheelbase of the Acura. I could feel most every bump on the roads. Strange, considering my old 1991 Honda Accord, had a soft and supple ride. You would think that the large, flagship Acura would have a smooth ride, but they wanted it to have good handling- which it did. It was one of the best handling cars I had ever driven before. Steering was extremely responsive.

Fist I have to say that this car is much more harder i mean that I can feel every bump on the road but it is more sports car.

Why didn't you consider an ES over the TL?  :unsure: Just wondering.  B)

Exactly!

I drove everthing before I bought my ES including an Acura TL, Infiniti I30, Camry, Accord, Maxima, etc. Unfortunately nothing could compare to the ES in terms of overall quality, ride, and feel.

The '97 TL has more HP, but the interior is barely a step above the Accord and certainly not on par w/ the ES. I also found it had bad torque steer when you jam on the pedal.

None the less it is still a good car and I wish you luck.

I think I would go with Nissan/Infiniti over Honda/Acura. Honda has slipped a bit.

But when you are considering and older car that was still the Honda Hayday. I am in the market for another car and might get and infiniti for my wife.

Why didn't you consider an ES over the TL?   :unsure: Just wondering.   B)

Exactly!

I drove everthing before I bought my ES including an Acura TL, Infiniti I30, Camry, Accord, Maxima, etc. Unfortunately nothing could compare to the ES in terms of overall quality, ride, and feel.

The '97 TL has more HP, but the interior is barely a step above the Accord and certainly not on par w/ the ES. I also found it had bad torque steer when you jam on the pedal.

None the less it is still a good car and I wish you luck.

Agreed!

I looked over the new TL at the Canadian International auto show this past February. I sat in it & checked it out.......saw the sticker prices & laughed! You want how much for this car? :lol: ummmmmmmmmmm NO! :rolleyes::blink:

:cheers: