Whp ?

mykelbixler

Had some questions about IS300 specs

whats the whp on the stock is300?

is there a way to get 290whp not forced and a daily driver?

I ask because a friend of mine has a 91 civic hatch with a stock rsx type-s swap and I'm tired of being slower then him.

I figure using the whp to weight ratio. His car has a curb weight of 2100lb and 180whp he's getting around .086 whp per pound.

Earlier I asked what the curb weight of the IS is because I just guessed at about 200. Which means that with a curb weight of 3200lbs and 200whp I'm getting about .062 hp per pound.

Do some math...... if I can get about 275whp I should be the same as my friend, 290whp and I'll win

Hence the reason for the next question....how to get 290whp with reliability, a daily driver and I dont want forced.

Had some questions about IS300 specs

whats the whp on the stock is300?

is there a way to get 290whp not forced and a daily driver?

I ask because a friend of mine has a 91 civic hatch with a stock rsx type-s swap and I'm tired of being slower then him.

I figure using the whp to weight ratio. His car has a curb weight of 2100lb and 180whp he's getting around .086 whp per pound.

Earlier I asked what the curb weight of the IS is because I just guessed at about 200. Which means that with a curb weight of 3200lbs and 200whp I'm getting about .062 hp per pound.

Do some math......  if I can get about 275whp I should be the same as my friend, 290whp and I'll win

Hence the reason for the next question....how to get 290whp with reliability, a daily driver and I dont want forced.

I do have tourqe in my favor because of the inline 6...so increasing whp will also up the tq...so really I'd need more like 255-265whp maybe that'll be more reachable goal

the question is then, are there enough non-FI mods to add 75-85whp?

I don't think you can easily do it with bolt-ons. Might need some electronics and some internal work. My guess would be 50 HP gain max without spending thousands of dollars.

Maybe do a google search or something on NA IS300 or Supras, and see who's got the best times with what mods.

Most of the guys I know have gone with turbo.