Programming Sc400 Remote

sup guys

I just bought a stock lexus remote off ebay 2 days ago for my sc400

can some body teach me how to program the remote?

I saw a switch underneath the steering wheel with a key logo on it

is that the switch for the remote?

What year is your car?, that makes a big difference!

Also, what is frequency of the remote (series of letters and number on the remote)?

my car is a 93 sc400

asn as for frequency all I see is this in the bakc of the remote with the panic button

fcc id:hyowdt-c

canada 1551 k1420

canada 210

I have a '95 SC400 and I went through this about a year ago. My guess is the remote you have won't work, I believe that works for later models. Contact your dealer and find out what FCC ID will work with you car. The FCC ID for the '95 is HYQ1512A. It is actually a key itself with one button on it.

I will post the programming instructions when I get home this evening. I believe these are universal for programing all Lexus.

OrLousy, I also have a 95 SC400. I know I have keyless entry and I think

a remote will open the trunk. Do you know if that's the case?

Also, What should I look for a key with one button or a clicker with 2 or 3

button? Will the HYQ1512A work on my car? I would truely appreciate your

advice.

Where will you be posting the programming instructions?

Thanks

I will post the programming instruction right here.

I believe that all SC's '95 and older require the FCC code HYQ1512A. These do not have the option of the trunk pop. The 96's and newer have stand alone remotes that have unlock/lock/trunk/panic buttons on them. A good place to the find the replacement key is (price varies depending on year):

www.lexus-parts.com

Programing Instructions for Lexus Keyless Remote:

1. Start with key out of switch, drivers door open, all other doors and trunk closed, doors unlocked.

2. Insert key in ignition, DO NOT TURN ON, and remove key.

3. Using drivers side power door lock button, lock and unlock doors 5 times within 40 seconds, ending with doors unlocked.

4. Close drivers door and open it. Again lock and unlock doors 5 times within 40 seconds, ending with doors unlocked.

5. Insert key into ignition and turn from LOCK to ON to LOCK one time. Remove key from ignition.

6. Door locks will cycle one time.

7. Press lock button on transmitter for at least one second. Door locks will cycle.

10. Within 20 seconds, close drivers door and open it and press button on transmtter again for at least one second.

11. Door locks will cycle. Wait 20 seconds and registration will be completed.

**if it does not work, start over from beginning, it may take several attempts. If it does not work, contact your local dealer.

• 3 weeks later...
Programing Instructions for Lexus Keyless Remote:

1. Start with key out of switch, drivers door open, all other doors and trunk closed, doors unlocked.

2. Insert key in ignition, DO NOT TURN ON, and remove key.

3. Using drivers side power door lock button, lock and unlock doors 5 times within 40 seconds, ending with doors unlocked.

4. Close drivers door and open it. Again lock and unlock doors 5 times within 40 seconds, ending with doors unlocked.

5. Insert key into ignition and turn from LOCK to ON to LOCK one time. Remove key from ignition.

6. Door locks will cycle one time.

7. Press lock button on transmitter for at least one second. Door locks will cycle.

10. Within 20 seconds, close drivers door and open it and press button on transmtter again for at least one second.

11.  Door locks will cycle. Wait 20 seconds and registration will be completed.

**if it does not work, start over from beginning, it may take several attempts. If it does not work, contact your local dealer.

Nice work!! I will give that a try myself I am waiting to get a replacement keyless remote. :cheers:

Win

hello folks,

please post updates on if the process worked and what key fcc id worked for which year SC.

i have red a few threads here regarding the remote issue and was still confused about which fcc id with how many buttons should work for a 93 sc400.

i also have been to the dealar store to ask how much...they told me it would be some $275 or so, and thats a master key with a button on the side.. (a year ago.. i think i recall it right).

your experience would help a lot of us...

thanks much.

• Like 1

I don't think price is as good as the dealer, but it appears for a '93 SC it is a single key wit the button on it.

I have found this website to be the best place to find stock parts for Lexus, prices aren't always the best on everything though.

Check out this link for the key

http://www.lexus-parts.com/partlist.asp?Su...D=22&ModelID=74

• 2 months later...

I appreciate all the help out here and as the new owner of a 95 SC300 I am looking for the FCC Codes for this car. Hoping the three button remote works? Also I only got the Valet Key, suggestions for getting a master key without mortgaging the house????

Thanks,

Joel

sup guys

I just bought a stock lexus remote off ebay 2 days ago for my sc400

can some body teach me how to program the remote?

I saw a switch underneath the steering wheel with a key logo on it

is that the switch for the remote?

• 13 years later...

I have a 1995 SC400 and bought a new OEM key which has been cut. Neither Lexus nor a Locksmith can get the key to accept the code. The Lexus dealer said the door actuator was not functioning properly so the key would not complete encoding. However, the power door function opens and closes. There are rare occasions when I can't open the door from the inside using the power lock without having to mess with it a bit. Is Lexus correct that the key won't program because of the actuator not functioning properly?

• 1 year later...

Okay so I'm having a problem I had to change my whole ignition because the key broke off I bought a replacement key and ignition now the car won't start because the chip is not being recognized I have a 95 Lexus SC400 my onboard computer is not a 2 it's a onboard diagnostic one so it's under the hood of the car can anyone help me with programming that key

• 2 years later...

Man, finding a key FOB for my 93 SC is just impossible! Links posted here no longer work and I'm going to try something to fix my broken key fob and post results here. Lost little rubber button when housing fell apart BUT remote still works. On a different note, I saw killer video on YouTube of a 93 Lexus SC 400 with an 07' RX350 3 button remote that worked! Even made the same chirp sound as my RX350! What sucks is that the guy in the video just shows it off. Has no explanation on how he did it.

E7E7C3A8-DD14-4F4E-A459-B0854CC73964.jpeg

• 3 months later...
On 5/31/2005 at 3:09 PM, mehullica said:

As far as I know 1995 and up can be programmed. 1994 and older needs the ROM chip to be replaced with a matching transponder key set.

Incorrect. Lexus procedure for pre-94 SC models need ECU changed with a new key transponder. Not just a chip. If you talk to a Lexus shop about a “chip” they will call you stupid. 

• 2 months later...

Hello, yes I find your topics interesting on this website I have a 93 SC 400. I have both factory keys and I bought the car from the original owner that purchased it new and they lost the first key first month or two. They had the car when I bought it. I took the front passenger seat out and found it, but it has lost the ability to open and close the doors. The other remote works. I replace the battery and still do not know how to code it back to the original car that it was issued to if anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.