For Those Who'v Done The Gte Swap

Hey guys

For those of you who have done the 2jz-gte swap into your gs300, what exactly does it take and around how much am I looking to spend. Please be realistic on that figure. Also is there any fitment differences between using a 6spd, or a 5spd auto. You can forget about the labor unless something needs fabricating, but the rest I can do myself. My supra has the engine sitting next to it in the garage right now so work is not a problem. This is not a joke post as my daily driver is getting a little boring and I would really like something exciting. Having my own gte out of the Supra right now makes me realize that dropping one into a GS probably would not be very hard to do, although my guess is it would be out of an Aristo.

Thanks

Yuri

wait, first of all, y is the engine out of the supra? and i think the engine should go fine with the 5spd auto if im not mistaken, just dont push to much boost. but i have been hearing that it is probably easier to just turbo the ge thats in the lexus, not sure what year you have though. The vvt-i is harder ive heard, of course i have a 96 non vvt-i. but if you have a vvt-i and you are willing to do the switch and have the tools and time, do it. If you have a non vvt-i i would just get somethin between a .67 and .73 or .74 turbo. just be sure not to push too much boost, ive heard of a guy doin the turbo on a sc300 with 600 somethin horses on everythin stock but the headgasket. hope this helps, and let me know bout why the supra doesnt have its heart. all the cost i have seen of turbo kits for the gs300 are for the 93-97 only and the kits are for between 4400 and 5000, i look for the cheaper stuff :).

The engine is out of my Supra because the trans was getting built and will be back at my house tomorrow. The engine bad got a nice cleaning along with the engine itself. A fuel system is getting installed, single turbo is being put on, FMIC is already on, and all the needed electronics are getting installed also. As far as my current driver, I drive a 97 Volvo 850. It's a pretty decent car, but I wouldn't mind something more luxurious and at the same time faster. The ideal choise would be to pick up a 98 GS with possibly a blown engine/trans for dirt cheap and installing a 2jz-gte with a small single turbo such as an SP57 with a cast manifold (keeps the turbo much closer to the engine), Supra auto trans, Supra fuel system obviously, and that will be me over 400hp to the wheels easily. That setup would also be perfect for the street and every day driving as full boost would be available before 3000 rpms. I realize that with a blown engine or trans there will probably be a few other things that would need to be replaced, but as long as the interior and the chassi is in good condition it would not be major.

How different is the engine bay from a 93-97 GS vs the 98+.