Cargo Mat For Gx

pedah3

I have looked at Weathertech, Husky, and a couple of others that are more"carpet" like rather than the rubber ones. Just wondering people's experience and happiness with various mats? Color matching? Thanks

I bought the all weather floor mat set from my Lexus dealer last fall, so I wouldn't get the nice carpeted ones all gunked up with winter slush and salt. The color match is perfect, and they are of a very high quality. They also have a very spiffy Lexus logo on them. :)

I also have the Lexus all-weather mats, but Lexus does not make a mat for the rear cargo area. If they made one, I would buy it. My dealer stocks the "husky" mats for the back, but if going aftermarket, there are lots of options and wonder if anyone has tried any of the other aftermarket brands.

I have the weathertech mat for the rear as well. Seems a little flimsly compared to the Husky brand which I had in my previous SUV. Color match is good though. Also have the Lexus all-weather mats for the cabin, which are pretty much useless for Upstate New York weather. Am replacing with aftermarket ones which have a lip on them. I buy my parts on Ebay when I can as there are a couple of Lexus dealerships that sell 'genuine' Lexus parts there. I've had great service, save a bundle and have them delivered right to my door.

I have looked at Weathertech, Husky, and a couple of others that are more"carpet" like rather than the rubber ones.  Just wondering people's experience and happiness with various mats?  Color matching? Thanks

I've purchased Huskyliners (front to back) for my last four vehicles. They are the best, in my opinion. Summit Racing has great pricing, http://www.summitracing.com. You can obtain part numbers and view information/specs for Lexus vehicles at http://www.huskyliners.com/lexusapps.html.

By the way, their floor mats are great at keeping water, mud, snow and everything else off your carpet. The second row mat is one continuous piece, which is the best design I've found, especially if you have kids.

The color match is reasonably close, depending on interior color, I have the dark grey interior in my GX and my Huskyliners are somewhat lighter in color, but they look fine. The tan is a very close match (that's what I had in my RX330).

i personally think, those WeatherTech mats are not bad. Never had them ( cuz i make my own carpet liner on my cars) but from the looks of them on the magazine, no one could tell that it's aftermarket (aside from it missing the "Lexus" logo on it-if it has one) ;)

I purchased the Husky cargo liner.. had so many problems .. the cargo mat didnot fit .. I even worked with the engineer .. I measured the cargo area.. Still didn't fit right .. Sent it back ... stll looking for a cargo liner ..I will probally visit Brookfield and order one from the Dealer ..

I purchased the Husky cargo liner.. had so many problems .. the cargo  mat didnot fit .. I even worked with the engineer .. I measured the cargo area.. Still didn't fit right ..  Sent it back ... stll looking for a cargo liner ..I will probally visit Brookfield and order one from the Dealer ..

Let us know how the one that Lexus Of Brookfield sells works out. That's where I'd go to buy one as well.

I purchased the Husky cargo liner.. had so many problems .. the cargo  mat didnot fit .. I even worked with the engineer .. I measured the cargo area.. Still didn't fit right ..  Sent it back ... stll looking for a cargo liner ..I will probally visit Brookfield and order one from the Dealer ..

Let us know how the one that Lexus Of Brookfield sells works out. That's where I'd go to buy one as well.

I'll be coming down to Milwaukee on Thursday .. I sure will do an update ..

strindl ...thanks for the Info..

I have the Husky cargo liner on my 2005 GX. It fits great. I wonder if you received the wrong liner.

I have a 2004 GX, and I purchased the Husky Cargo Mat. It went in with NO problems (but I did have to trim the cut-outs for the cargo net latches). I also have the 3rd seat option, but did not cut out those areas. I am going to take a guess, but if it did not fit, I would presume that they did NOT send you the correct mat at all. They probably had some kind of inventory mixup. :unsure:

• 1 month later...

Lexus is now making a cargo liner for the GX, although many dealers still don't know about it.

Anyway, I went to a local dealer to check it out, thinking of repacing the Weathertech liner that I have in the truck, and I wasn't impressed. It's too "plasticky" (as opposed to "rubbery" like the Weathertech), and the grey one is not even grey like the interior of the truck. It's black because it's supposed to match the step on the rear bumper. Go figure...

Isnt the one from Lexus a husky or similar. When brought mine from the dealer

parts man said this in not from Lexus. But fits fine and he trimmed all the necessary holes.

I have the Husky cargo liner on my 2005 GX. It fits great. I wonder if you received the wrong liner.

Isnt the one from Lexus a husky or similar.  When brought mine from the dealer

parts man said this in not from Lexus.  But fits fine and he trimmed all the necessary holes.

Take a look at my post again. The new one is from Lexus.

I read your post  The one lexus (here) is selling does not have the Lexus emblem.  If lexus was making one I'm sure they would have

emblem.

I hear you. Even my dealer doesn't have it. That's why I said that many dealers don't know about it.

Go to www.lexus-parts.com and look it up, or search for "gx470 cargo" on ebay. It does say Lexus on it, but like I said, I went to check it out and didn't like it, which is a shame, because I really wanted it (I'm a sucker for all accessories that say Lexus on them).

Here's an excerpt of an email reply from a parts manager, dated 6/29/05:

Yes, this new mat was release approximately 4 weeks ago to all Lexus Dealers. I can only imagine some dealers have yet to change there inventory since I'm sure most of them have an existing stock of WeatherTech mats. The new mat is very nice as it gives you the option to have the 3rd row seating with the cutouts or not. And best of all, it has the Lexus logo on the mat!

That is Sewell of Dallas Big Dealership. Sure they would be one of the first. I almost brought my lexus from them but a long story. Did call about having

a mat set sent from them but just went locally.

I read your post   The one lexus (here) is selling does not have the Lexus emblem.   If lexus was making one I'm sure they would have

emblem.

I hear you. Even my dealer doesn't have it. That's why I said that many dealers don't know about it.

Go to www.lexus-parts.com and look it up, or search for "gx470 cargo" on ebay. It does say Lexus on it, but like I said, I went to check it out and didn't like it, which is a shame, because I really wanted it (I'm a sucker for all accessories that say Lexus on them).

Here's an excerpt of an email reply from a parts manager, dated 6/29/05:

Yes, this new mat was release approximately 4 weeks ago to all Lexus Dealers. I can only imagine some dealers have yet to change there inventory since I'm sure most of them have an existing stock of WeatherTech mats. The new mat is very nice as it gives you the option to have the 3rd row seating with the cutouts or not. And best of all, it has the Lexus logo on the mat!