Upgrading - Sound System + Seats

Need your help and advice guys...

I have a Black '94 GS300... never done much to it... now its time.... two things

a-) Want new leather seats.... leatherseats.com i hear... read somewhere there is a premium and a deluxe package? Difference and what do you suggest? Also would like to make it a two tone thing. I have grey interior... thinking... Black with Grey inserts or Grey with Black inserts? or... your suggestions on that?

b-) I don't know what the factory speakers are... but they are decent ... would like to put in a In-Dash Motorized monitor and new receiver... this is what i am leaning towards... its Sony:

Sony CDX-M8815X

Sony XAV-A1 DVD/CD/MP3 Receiver DVD with Monitors

I'm not sure how it works getting a monitor and a radio deck... i'm assuming if its the same brand that i could change stations thru the touch screen??

What size are the stock speakers front, back and sub? Gonna replace those and the amp too.

What do you guys think??

thanks!

Tequila95

Doing any mods to the sound system is opening a can of worms. You will have to install the head unit and a new amplifier at the same time. The stock amp will conflict with the aftermarket head unit. I have a aftermarket cd player installed, and only my 2 rear speakers and sub work. Luckly I got a 5ch 880W sony amp for $87 on ebay, and getting it installed today. ALSO! They don't make a wire harnes kit for the 1st gen gs300s. Metra makes dash install kit, which can be found on ebay. I'm not sure about finding it on a internet store. The stock sub is 10", I don't know the watts, the stock speakers are 4"(?watts) which can be swapped for 5.25", I've even heard of people fitting 6.5" speakers with some work and fabricating.

PS about the new leather seat skins, check the clublexus.com forum for a group buy. they just had one around feb I think. if you wait until then you should be able to save a couple hundred. If you can't wait until then and it doesn't have to be brand new you can try looking for some seats that are in better condition than yours at a junk yard. sometimes on ebay too.

I just found out that I will need aftermarket speakers too, because the 1st gen speakers are self amplified....Hopefully I will finally have my audio upgrade finished on my 5th visit to the shop....

So to recap:

need:

(1)CD Player/DVD player (what ever)

(1)Amp (5 channel if you can get it! Though I've been told you can use 4 ch)

(4) 4''-5.25" speakers(oem are 4" and I've even heard of people fitting 6.5" in there)

(1)Amp wiring kit

(3) sets of RCA plugs(2 sets for cd player speaker out to amp, and 1 set for cd player sub out to amp)

(~100ft) of speaker wire( for amp to 4 speakers and 1 sub)

various connectors and anything else your shop needs to use to hook everything up...

Hope I don't HAVE to upgrade my sub right away. May be in a couple of months... This started out as me just wanting to be able to play CDs in my car...