Recommendations On 92' Nakamichi Sc400?

Hey, i was wondering if any of you guys could help me by recommending a replacement of the stock stereo system in my dad's 92' Nakamichi SC400. I'm not very experienced with stereo systems.. He listens to light rock and jazz music, so he wants the clarity of the sound, not the loudness.

I really prefer the car to look as stock as possible, except for the stereo deck. I know the car has a 2.5 DIN-chassis, so i think im looking for any 1-DIN deck with a 1.5 DIN slot to cover the empty space.

As for the speakers and tweeters, I really have no clue as to which will fit the car without much modifications to the original speaker brackets.

The amp, also i dont really know much about, but it seems that wiring the amp is pretty complicated, I think someone said that I had to use both the stock amp and an aftermarket one.

The sub, I want to get a replacement 10" in the same location as the stock sub, but I hear that would be hard since the gas tank underneath lies really close to the sub, and also the issue about it being free-air.

I'm trying to get him a decent stereo system as a gift because he works so hard and almost never rewards himself. I'll probably buy most of the system on eBay, since I got some pretty cheap stuff there for my car. (but dont think just because i have a system in my car that i know how to install it, i had someone else install my system.) If you need more information so you can better understand which setup would be better, please let me know, and thanks a bunch!! :lol:

Hey, i was wondering if any of you guys could help me by recommending a replacement of the stock stereo system in my dad's 92' Nakamichi SC400. I'm not very experienced with stereo systems.. He listens to light rock and jazz music, so he wants the clarity of the sound, not the loudness.

I really prefer the car to look as stock as possible, except for the stereo deck. I know the car has a 2.5 DIN-chassis, so i think im looking for any 1-DIN deck with a 1.5 DIN slot to cover the empty space.

As for the speakers and tweeters, I really have no clue as to which will fit the car without much modifications to the original speaker brackets.

The amp, also i dont really know much about, but it seems that wiring the amp is pretty complicated, I think someone said that I had to use both the stock amp and an aftermarket one.

The sub, I want to get a replacement 10" in the same location as the stock sub, but I hear that would be hard since the gas tank underneath lies really close to the sub, and also the issue about it being free-air.

I'm trying to get him a decent stereo system as a gift because he works so hard and almost never rewards himself. I'll probably buy most of the system on eBay, since I got some pretty cheap stuff there for my car. (but dont think just because i have a system in my car that i know how to install it, i had someone else install my system.) If you need more information so you can better understand which setup would be better, please let me know, and thanks a bunch!!  :lol:

I have 4 Nakamichi SP-C452 4-Inch Coaxial Speakers which fit perfectly as replacement for the OEM speakers for 91 LS 400 and are fully compliant with the OEM Nakamichi system.

I just replaced my own on my 91 LS400, but like a dope, I bought too many speakers. I didn't pay attention that they came in PAIRS! Boxes never even opened.

I would be they would fit your doors as well, but I would ask around the forum to make sure.

• 1 month later...