New User Needs Help

Hey guys, I was just surfing the net trying to figure out a way to hook up my ipod to my 2002 es 300 and found this site.

I've read some posts, but not sure if they help.

Basically, I bought a new ipod photo, and I want to hook it up to my es. I don't want to lose sound quality by putting in a tape.

Can anyone tell me what my options are or possible solutions to my dilemma.

I've read stuff about hooking it up to the amp, or something about an rca plug.

Please help, this is so frustrating.

:chairshot:

Griffin makes the iTrip which sends the music over an unused FM frequency, and there are other gadgets similar to the iTrip out there. Not sure that there is really any other good way to connect it unless you do some mods.

But do you need to have some sort of outlet on your radio? For the RCA, cuz the ES doesn't have an outlet.

Do you think it would be best to go to a stereo place and then ask them to do a modification?

Griffin makes the iTrip which sends the music over an unused FM frequency, and there are other gadgets similar to the iTrip out there.  Not sure that there is really any other good way to connect it unless you do some mods.

if you search the es forums there is a discussion about a kit to hookup the ipod to an auxilary port. There are a fe companies that sell this type of product, however they are pricey.

if you search the es forums there is a discussion about a kit to hookup the ipod to an auxilary port. There are a fe companies that sell this type of product, however they are pricey.

the itrip sucks......i had it for a week, you turn up the volume and you hear static and the music is distorted.....i'm using a tape right now and quality is awesome, nothing is wrong with tape.

I agree. The iTrip is nothing but a waste of 30 bucks. I've been using my tape player for XM and my iPod, and the sound quality is great.

I agree that the iTrip doesn't have the best sound quality and that the cassette tape (surprisingly) actually sounds better. However, there is still a "tape" noise present and I would assume the only way to get the iPod to sound like 192kbps quality would be to pay for the auxillary hookup that others have discussed earlier in the post.

You should check out the icelink from denison or the Neo Ion - they might work. There are a couple of iPod sites that have forums on car audio connections. You may be able to do something with a hardwired FM modulator into the antenna port assuming you can find one w/ a compatible plug to go straight into the iPod