'01 Gs430 Does Not Start (battery?)

Hi,

The car would not start in the morning... I steering wheel would not extend, the controls do not light up, the horn is out.... the inside light is barely on.

It seems like the battery is almost dead even though the car was fine the night before. if it is in fact the battery, are there any recommendations on replacing it?

Can I jump-start the car?

Will I have to go to the dealer to reset all the info (including Navigation)?

Thanks!

is it the original battery?

my 01GS430 battery died about a month ago, it was the original. lucky for me, it died one week before my warranty ran out, so I got a new oem(interstate) battery for free.

I jump started the car and drove it to the nearest Lexus dealer (2 miles). $150 bought me a new OEM battery installed (car warranty ran out 2k miles ago) and a "free" car wash. :cheers:

Even though the dealer did not want guarantee that all the settings would be preserved, they did with an exception of Navigation Area... it was pointing to East Cost instead of Midwest.

That "OEM" battery probably could be bought at a auto store for ~$70, and some store will even install it for free. Though its really easy to do it yourself. That Optima Yellow Top battery that TURBOGS300 was talking about costs ~$150 and is one of the best if not THE best batteries out there. I had this problem last weekend... too bad I didn't post.