Garage Door Opener

I'm trying to program a garage door opener using the instructions in the manual for a 2001 GS300. After clearing the former code by holding the end two buttons until it starts blinking I try to program the first button.

The instructions tell you to hold the button for 20 seconds until the light starts to blink, then hold the remote 1 inch away and hold this button until the indicator light on the car blinks rapidly.

As soon as I push the button it blinks I wait 20 seconds then hold the remote button and the light blinks rapidly immediately but after this it complete the remote still does not work.

Anybody have any suggestions???

Does your garage door have a rolling code feature? If so (and it may without you even knowing) you would need to hit a button on the back of the garage door opener itself (the motor part, not the remote). I believe those instructions are also in the Lexus manual, but that's what I'd look for. One of the garage doors I had never listed such a feature, but sure enough on the back of the opener was a button to program remotes.

On a side note, I have a gate opener that is completely unreckognized by our HomeLink, am I just out of luck or is there something special I need to do? Anyone have any experience with that?

Thanks fro your reply, however, according to the opener manual it does not have the rolling code feature.

Does your garage door have a rolling code feature?  If so (and it may without you even knowing) you would need to hit a button on the back of the garage door opener itself (the motor part, not the remote).  I believe those instructions are also in the Lexus manual, but that's what I'd look for.  One of the garage doors I had never listed such a feature, but sure enough on the back of the opener was a button to program remotes.

On a side note, I have a gate opener that is completely unreckognized by our HomeLink, am I just out of luck or is there something special I need to do?  Anyone have any experience with that?

• 15 years later...

i cannot link my LiftMaster to my 2005 Lexus gs 300   I have tried everything from remote control to learn/smart button on liftmaster.   Its a shame manual vs lexus sites give different instructions.  Some say start by holding both remote and car button others say wait til car button starts to blink.  Others say just press the car button twice and possible 3 times without holding down(manual).  Nothing about if accessory key position or if blink is rapid to start or if it should turn green in color. Something so simple can not be explain well in a manual with trouble shooting messages.   Manual spends more time on how to buckle a seat belt.

Haven't called homelink yet