Alignment Issues

I recently bought a 94 SC400 and I've been chasing road handling problems ever since. The Lexus dealership aligned the car twice but the car still handles weird. It follows changes in the road and on a windy days it gets pushed all around. I got a response from the forum in England and they sent their recommended optimum alignment settings but the Lexus dealership felt it was better to set the alignment as close as possible to the middle of each spec range and weren't sure if the settings from England would work in the US. Are there optimum settings for driving this year car in this country? Here are the settings I currently have (in degrees): Left Front Camber 0.1, Right Front Camber -0.1, Left Front Caster 2.7, Right Front Caster 3.2, Left Front Toe 0.05, Right Front Toe 0.04, Left Front SAI 8.4, Right Front SAI 8.8, Left Front Included Angle 8.5, Right Front Included Angle 8.7, Front Cross Camber 0.1, Cross Caster -0.5 and Total Toe 0.09. Rear Left Camber -0.9, Rear Right Camber -0.9, Rear Left Toe 0.20, Rear Right Toe 0.20. Rear Total Toe 0.4, and Rear Thrust Angle 0.00.

• 2 months later...
the rack itself?

oh yea it also helps to check inner tierods for play

Good Evening,

Please check the lower control arm bushings before replacing the rack.

Get the Daizen poly units, they're the best.

After I replaced ours (A full Saturday's project) the car didn't need an alignment, and it tracks like it should. Just follow the instructions exactly.

Good Luck B)

I had a similar experience. In my case, it had absolutely nothing to do with alignment or suspension. It was my tires.

16" Dunlop SP Sport 5000's- no problem.

18" Nankang NSII- no problem.

17" Khumo- The car was all over the road. It wanted to follow every rut , line and dip. Even the slighest change in road surface forced a fight between me & the steering wheel.

I recently switched to a 17" Bridgestone Potenza G009 (Tire Rack) - No problems since. I think the problem was do to stiffer sidewalls on the Khumo tires.

With the new Bridgestones, I compromised on speed rating in order to get a 50k mile all season tire. (my 2 cents)

`93 SC300 5spd, approaching 255k miles