Rx 330 Tires

benzo500s

Consider the Michelim Cross Terrains, the Yokohama Geolander G-051 & the all new Toyo Open Country H/T. Those are your best best depending on what your looking for in a SUV tire. B)

:cheers:

THANKS

:D

Consider the Michelim Cross Terrains, the Yokohama Geolander G-051 & the all new Toyo Open Country H/T.  Those are your best best depending on what your looking for in a SUV tire.  B)

Hi all

Can anyone tell me which tires are best for the RX330 18-inch wheel

thanks

Don't believe Michelin has a 235-55-18 size in the Cross Terrain.

Hi all

Can anyone tell me which tires are best for the RX330 18-inch wheel

thanks

Don't believe Michelin has a 235-55-18 size in the Cross Terrain.

There are only a handfull that fit 18s

Pirellis, Michelin stock and Blizzak ithink there is one other

I just got some Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza from www.tirerack.com

If the link does not work go to www.tirerack.com and plug in your vehicle info.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...romCompare1=yes

They are $130 per tire (for the 235/55 R18) and if you order before May 7, get a $75 rebate.

They have a 600 treadwear rating and temperature and traction are "A"

I will post how I like them when I replace the crappy Goodyear RSA's with them.

Jonathan

Another choice would be the Pirelli Scorpion Zero.  Not sure the price however.   B)

These tires are really NOISY

I think the ALENZA HL are the best bet!

they have a nice aggressive profile too :cheers:

Another choice would be the Pirelli Scorpion Zero.  Not sure the price however.   B)

Thank you all for the help

No experence with these tires personally. B)

Many of us despise the OEM Bridgestone Duelers that came with these vehicles. Here's hoping that the Alenza version is a far superior tire to the lousy and sometimes dangerous OEM Dueler.

How do you all think about the stock tires Michelin MXV4 comparing to the suggestion above?  Not enough off road capability with the stock tires comparing to the suggested tires?

You pretty much answered your own question Pizza. B) It's not an SUV tire.

Many of us despise the OEM Bridgestone Duelers that came with these vehicles.  Here's hoping that the Alenza version is a far superior tire to the lousy and sometimes dangerous OEM Dueler.

I don't think they can get any worse......I'll put it that way lol :lol: :whistles:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I have read all your comments; however, I am still not sure which 18" tires I should buy to replace my NEW OEM Goodyear tires. I have read they perform very poorly in the rain, with a tendency to cause hydroplaning. That makes me nervous. I bought the RX330 because I thought it would be steady in all kinds of weather; didn't realize Lexus would provide such crappy new tires for a lux SUV that would defeat the purpose of the VSC (even with an AWD).

I read somewhere the choice was between the Michelin Cross-Terrain and the Bridgestone Dueler Alenza. Now I am reading conflicting reviews or opinions here. Also, the Mechelin x-terrain do not come in the 18" tires? Can someone clarify?

I am hoping to sell my Goodyear tires. Would the tires have warranty for another owner (or is the warranty for tires part of the entire SUV warranty package?) My tires only have 32 miles on them so far, since my RX is very new. I know they are rated high for performance, but I care more about safe driving in wet pavement. Tirerack sells them for approx. $170 each with a rebate currently. They also mentioned the OEM tires are good performance tires.

AGAIN, WHICH 18" TIRES ARE RECOMMENDED PRIMARILY FOR A SAFE AND QUIET RIDE? Thanks in advance for any input.

Hi, I have read all your comments; however, I am still not sure which 18" tires I should buy to replace my NEW OEM Goodyear tires.  I have read they perform very poorly in the rain, with a tendency to cause hydroplaning.  That makes me nervous.  I bought the RX330 because I thought it would be steady in all kinds of weather; didn't realize Lexus would provide such crappy new tires for a lux SUV that would defeat the purpose of the VSC (even with an AWD). 

I read somewhere the choice was between the Michelin Cross-Terrain and the Bridgestone Dueler Alenza.  Now I am reading conflicting reviews or opinions here.  Also, the Mechelin x-terrain do not come in the 18" tires?  Can someone clarify? 

I am hoping to sell my Goodyear tires.  Would the tires have warranty for another owner (or is the warranty for tires part of the entire SUV warranty package?)  My tires only have 32 miles on them so far, since my RX is very new.   I know they are rated high for performance, but I care more about safe driving in wet pavement.  Tirerack sells them for approx. $170 each with a rebate currently.  They also mentioned the OEM tires are good performance tires.

AGAIN, WHICH 18" TIRES ARE RECOMMENDED PRIMARILY FOR A SAFE AND QUIET RIDE?  Thanks in advance for any input.

You are caught between a rock & a hard place simply because of the very limited choices you have in the 235 55 18 size. Having said that, you can get the new Toyo Open Country H/T here in Canada now so you might want to consider ordering a set in your size & have them delivered down to you.

http://www.toyocanada.com/products/OpenCountryHTEN.html (click on the right side that says get data icon to see tire sizes) & contact Toyo Canada directly to find a dealer that will ship them to you or drive up here to have them installed. :whistles: Here is their contact link:

http://www.toyocanada.com/contactus/contact_Gen.html

Or you can try www.toyo.com & ask them when the Open Country H/T will be available.

Other than that, these are your only other choices:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compare1.jsp...at=All&x=4&y=15

Let us know what you have decided, but out of the 3 total choices, I'd personally go with the Toyo myself. B) I hope this helps & Good Luck!

Hi, I have read all your comments; however, I am still not sure which 18" tires I should buy to replace my NEW OEM Goodyear tires.  I have read they perform very poorly in the rain, with a tendency to cause hydroplaning.  That makes me nervous.  I bought the RX330 because I thought it would be steady in all kinds of weather; didn't realize Lexus would provide such crappy new tires for a lux SUV that would defeat the purpose of the VSC (even with an AWD). 

I read somewhere the choice was between the Michelin Cross-Terrain and the Bridgestone Dueler Alenza.  Now I am reading conflicting reviews or opinions here.  Also, the Mechelin x-terrain do not come in the 18" tires?  Can someone clarify? 

I am hoping to sell my Goodyear tires.  Would the tires have warranty for another owner (or is the warranty for tires part of the entire SUV warranty package?)  My tires only have 32 miles on them so far, since my RX is very new.   I know they are rated high for performance, but I care more about safe driving in wet pavement.  Tirerack sells them for approx. $170 each with a rebate currently.  They also mentioned the OEM tires are good performance tires.

AGAIN, WHICH 18" TIRES ARE RECOMMENDED PRIMARILY FOR A SAFE AND QUIET RIDE?  Thanks in advance for any input.

Lexusfreak, Thanks for your response. I had seen the reference to the Toyo tires. It looks good, but I read reviews (forget where) that did not give such high marks to these tires. Something about excessive noise and, not sure, if there was something about poorer traction than expected? Do you have personal expereince with these tires? The tread life sounds good and all the specs. seem excellent.

Do you know what the 18" sell for (approx.) or the smaller size if that is what you purchased? :D

I just got some Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza from www.tirerack.com

If the link does not work go to www.tirerack.com and plug in your vehicle info. 

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...romCompare1=yes

They are $130 per tire (for the 235/55 R18) and if you order before May 7, get a $75 rebate. 

They have a 600 treadwear rating and temperature and traction are "A"

I will post how I like them when I replace the crappy Goodyear RSA's with them.

Jonathan

I have had the Dueler Alenza H/L on my RX330 (18") for about two weeks now. I replaced the awful Goodyear RSA's that were worn out at 33K miles.

I highly reconmmend these tires!! They are great in every respect so far. Tirerack has them for $129 per tire now. It drives so much better now and is very quiet.

I also had the fuel injector "ticking" TSB done, that makes a big difference as well.

Jonathan

Lexusfreak, Thanks for your response.  I had seen the reference to the Toyo tires. It looks good, but I read reviews (forget where) that did not give such high marks to these tires.  Something about excessive noise and, not sure, if there was something about poorer traction than expected?  Do you have personal expereince with these tires?  The tread life sounds good and all the specs.  seem excellent.

Do you know what the 18" sell for (approx.) or the smaller size if that is what you purchased?  :D

I'm not sure where you heard your info Crys.....these tires just hit the market a short time ago (not 100% they are even available in the U.S. yet) :blink: Personaly experence, no.......but I had personaly experence with the Toyo M-410 & the new Open Country H/T (h/t stands for Highway Terrain btw ;) ) & they were just fantastic for long mileage, wet & snowy conditions with a 60,000 miles treadlife......these new H/T's trump the previous on in every category! B) I would pick up the phone & call a few places Canada or the U.S. & try to find out more info. B)

I think probably your best bet on this vehicle with the 18s is the Michelin MXV4 S8s that come from the factory. Unlike the RX300, the 330 has low profiles and my opinion is its more suited to a car tire than an SUV tire.

I think probably your best bet on this vehicle with the 18s is the Michelin MXV4 S8s that come from the factory. Unlike the RX300, the 330 has low profiles and my opinion is its more suited to a car tire than an SUV tire.

Considering the RX isn't ment to go 'off road' it's not a bad choice sw.......I looked up SUV tires only in the 18" size. Pretty much anything is better than the OE Goodyears. ;)

Lexusfreak, Thanks for your response.  I had seen the reference to the Toyo tires. It looks good, but I read reviews (forget where) that did not give such high marks to these tires.  Something about excessive noise and, not sure, if there was something about poorer traction than expected?  Do you have personal expereince with these tires?  The tread life sounds good and all the specs.  seem excellent.

Do you know what the 18" sell for (approx.) or the smaller size if that is what you purchased?  :D

I'm not sure where you heard your info Crys.....these tires just hit the market a short time ago (not 100% they are even available in the U.S. yet) :blink: Personaly experence, no.......but I had personaly experence with the Toyo M-410 & the new Open Country H/T (h/t stands for Highway Terrain btw ;) ) & they were just fantastic for long mileage, wet & snowy conditions with a 60,000 miles treadlife......these new H/T's trump the previous on in every category! B) I would pick up the phone & call a few places Canada or the U.S. & try to find out more info. B)

Lexusfreak, I actually looked at ratings at 1010tires referred to by a member of another forum (that you are a member of). The Toyo Open Country H/T (thanks for your explanation) was rated 3.2 by customers, just a little higher than the 2.7 received by the Goodyear OE tires. I guess that was the reason I did not think they were universally received well or rated in a superior fashion. Of course, looking at the rating again, I see only 2 ratings and no reviews (with 1 actually coming in high, so this is by no means representative). I am just trying to absorb a lot of this info by reading these forums. I will definitely make the necessary calls soon (just too busy now). I might have read about the noise and other less favorable issues for another recommended tire in these forums (Y. Geolander) and got the 2 confused. But definitely, I remember coming across some less than ideal feedback on the Toyo. Right now I believe it is based on 1010tires.

Lexusfreak, I actually looked at ratings at 1010tires referred to by a member of another forum (that you are a member of). The Toyo Open Country H/T (thanks for your explanation) was rated 3.2 by customers, just a little higher than the 2.7 received by the Goodyear OE tires. I guess that was the reason I did not think they were universally received well or rated in a superior fashion. Of course, looking at the rating again, I see only 2 ratings and no reviews (with 1 actually coming in high, so this is by no means representative). I am just trying to absorb a lot of this info by reading these forums. I will definitely make the necessary calls soon (just too busy now). I might have read about the noise and other less favorable issues for another recommended tire in these forums (Y. Geolander) and got the 2 confused. But definitely, I remember coming across some less than ideal feedback on the Toyo. Right now I believe it is based on 1010tires.

2 reviews are not nearly enough to get a good idea of how the tire will perform. One other way to get an idea is to look at reviews of the Toyo Open Country M-410........this was the previous generation tire that the Toyo H/T replaces........& they should have pretty good overall reviews. Told ya, the tire is too new on the market right now....but the H/T is better in every category over the M-410 & that was a good tire. B)