Cupholder Broken

:cries: My ES300-1997 has a cupholder that is broken. The plastic pieces that contract and expand when you close and open the holder are broken and I cannot put anything in the open slots. I need to replace the unit and do not have a clue where to get a replacement or how to replace it. I have a tan interior so the holder has to match.

Thanks,

Merk

I have a 2000 with the same problem- the passenger side cupholder had the spring break and I can't get it back on. I posted on this site some time ago without any response except that Lexus' cupholders suck. So I hope you have better luck. Still haven't replaced it although it's probably still under the Lexus Gold card 6 year warranty. I inquired and apparently that flimsy part is expensive.I never have the car serviced at Lexus unless it's warranty work and I'm saving some things for a trip to expensive Lexus dealer. I use a closer Toyota dealer for service.

• 1 month later...
I have a 2000 with the same problem- the passenger side cupholder had the spring break and I can't get it back on. I posted on this site some time ago without any response except that Lexus' cupholders suck. So I hope you have better luck. Still haven't replaced it although it's probably still under the Lexus Gold card 6 year warranty. I inquired and apparently that flimsy part is expensive.I never have the car serviced at Lexus unless it's warranty work and I'm saving some things for a trip to expensive Lexus dealer. I use a closer Toyota dealer for service.

I ended up buying a $2 holder from Walmart. It sits nicely on the console with velcro. I also bought for $3 a double holder that wedges between the seat and console.. not great but functional. No way am I going to pay $100+ for a new holder from the dealer. The junk yard idea from the other posts sound like a plan..

Thanks

• 1 month later...

All four cup holder levers on my 97 ES300 have broken. They were pretty much useless to start with. :censored: There has got to be an upgrade out there that is sleeker than a 3 dollar stick on my leather dash or stick in my air vents. Please tell me where! I mean we are driving Lexus's here, not Toyota Camry's right? B)

Thanks,

Daniel

i haven't had a problem with my es, but just to give you an idea of the dealer cost... i have a small scratch on my wife's LX cup holder cover. i inquired about how much the cover would run...they brought out the cup holder assy (different, but not much materially more costly than the ES)...$567 for the part alone!

i haven't had a problem with my es, but just to give you an idea of the dealer cost... i have a small scratch on my wife's LX cup holder cover. i inquired about how much the cover would run...they brought out the cup holder assy (different, but not much materially more costly than the ES)...$567 for the part alone!

ROTFLMAO.

I guess they figure that some people would rather pay $567 (plus installation and tax) rather than live with a small scratch.