I´m Still Looking For Some Lex For Me

Zdeno

Now I have a chance to buy 2001 IS300 (looks new) with 210K for 10K dollars. Im very scare about so high miles. It means that the car was driven couple hours every day for last 3-4 years. Do you guys think that the parts could be worn out ?? THanks a lot !

Now I have a chance to buy 2001 IS300 (looks new) with 210K for 10K dollars. Im very scare about so high miles. It means that the car was driven couple hours every day for last 3-4 years. Do you guys think that the parts could be worn out ?? THanks a lot !

If it looks good, inside and out, it would be hard to go wrong for $10K, IMHO>

I know i drive over 3 hours a day 5 days a week and all my cars seem to have problems after 150k miles (if it even lasts that long). Yet they're all highway miles. It depends from car to car.

If it looks like it's in great conditon, get it!

looks can be decieving though. I just reciently sold my 2003 rx300 with 65k miles on it. Everything on the inside was pretty much worn out. things were breaking constantly and that's why i sold it. I drove the thing like it was a 12 cylinder! I floored it all the time; i pretty much didn't care about it, because i knew that in a few years i wasn't gonna have it anymore. On the outside the paint was almost perfect except for 2 small scratches here and there. The inside leather was beyond perfect, only 2 years old! It stil had the new car smell.

If someone were to look at this they would think it was wonderful!! But it isn't.

just be cautious; you never know who owned it before you. low mileage usually suggests all city mileage which is bad, and a lot of mileage suggests a LOT of driving.

They do say lexus' can go up tp 250k + miles, but 20 is just too close. Especially considering the IS was new in 2001. The bugs weren't worked out of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty cool site i see. Well mine has 211000 now and i have never spent a dollar on it. No wait i did spend a few dollars on it @ 175000 to get a new set of front brake pads, rears still good though. It seems to me that it is in PERFECT CONDITION!! WOW, it seems hard to believe but it is the best car i have ever owned. But, i know looks can be decieving and you should be confident with the seller first because that is a lot of miles.

Just picked up an 01 for 15,800 -57,000 miles....hold off on the 210k, def. can find a better deal. Mine runs smooth as a baby, scary goin 100 feels like 45. Ive fallen in Love.

Just picked up an 01 for 15,800 -57,000 miles....hold off on the 210k, def. can find a better deal. Mine runs smooth as a baby, scary goin 100 feels like 45. Ive fallen in Love.

Sounds like a good deal. These cars really ride and travel nice, to be such good handling machines. I'm still impressed with mine after two years.