Some Friendly Suggestions

Hey all!!!

Just like to say hi to some lex owners. I just purchased a 99 gs 300 and wanted to give it some nice personalized mods. I am in the quest for exterior mods such as a good drop. What is your opinions on most of these springs or your springs( HKS, Tien, Tanabe or whatever u have) and also what height are u sitting. I am also debating goin 19"s or 20"s. How is your ride quality? I want this to be as comfortable as posible with the drop. I already have a max with~300whp so this is gonna be my cruiser..so really appreciate any imput given.

thanx

a newbie :P

Hey all!!!

Just like to say hi to some lex owners. I just purchased a 99 gs 300 and wanted to give it some nice personalized mods. I am in the quest for exterior mods such as a good drop. What is your opinions on most of these springs or your springs( HKS, Tien, Tanabe or whatever u have) and also what height are u sitting. I am also debating goin 19"s or 20"s. How is your ride quality? I want this to be as comfortable as posible with the drop. I already have a max with~300whp so this is gonna be my cruiser..so really appreciate any imput given.

thanx

I have 19's with L-tune drop (about 1 1/2" drop). Ride quality is not too bad, I see you're in W. Covina...I'm in SG Valley as well. I think I am eventually going to change my suspension set up and go with Tein CS. I've heard that out of all the Teins, the CS model has the most stock-like ride if that's what you're looking for. You can also get the EDFC to go with the Teins that will let you adjust the stiffness from inside the car. You can probably check out their site for more details.

HKS coilovers are good too, but they're a little more expensive. I haven't heard much about the Tanabe so can't really comment on them. Hope this helps. Good luck.

thanx for the input...teins are one of my choices..They do have a great reputation even in other cars. I ve always had bad luck with coilovers though. Its kind of weird here in the org. not much responses like other forums. greatly appreciate your response. I am thinkin about Teins CS with some 20" ALT 296 Blades.

thanx again

thanx for the input...teins are one of my choices..They do have a great reputation even in other cars. I ve always had bad luck with coilovers though. Its kind of weird here in the org. not much responses like other forums. greatly appreciate your response. I am thinkin about Teins CS with some 20" ALT 296 Blades.

thanx again

I currently have the L-tuned shocks and springs and they're a pretty decent ride, still feels like a Lexus ride to me (but I'm on 18s, would be a bit harsher with 20s). I do plan on switching to the Tein Flex coilovers sometime in the very near future but I'm sure you'll have made your choice well before then so my input won't help much. :) From what I have read though, if ride quality is what you're looking for, the Tein CS seems to be an excellent choice.

If you really want some good comparisons from people that have ridden on a lot of the different coilovers, just search around here or over at Club Lexus and you'll find plenty on this topic which is probably why there was a lack of replies. Good luck! B)

AristoTRD

I too roll on L-Tuned shocks and springs, and I also roll on 19" will low profile shoes. I also plan on buying in the near future the TEIN CS and EDFC module.

One thing I will have to say is that the car handles a lot better than stock, along with stock wheels.

I hope you have fun modding up your GS, I know I am having a ball.

I will try posting pics of my car tonight so you can see the drop of the L-Tuned suspension.

:cheers:

Revhard191

P.S. Don't get discouraged with others not posting, it happens sometimes but others will come thru with helpful resources.

Hey all!!!

thanx

For the best ride, I'd go with the Tein CS too. What are you riding on now? If you are on the OEM 16s, then nothing will really come close. How big of a drop are you looking for? The choice of wheel AND tire sizes will also affect your choice in drop.

thanx for the replies guys. I just like the personal answers. This is very informative from u. I am totally stock right now. Neo!! nice ride height. that is height I am interested in. I think I am gonna go with the Tein CS 1.2" drop with these 20"s

AT296Silver.jpg

what do u guys think?

AristoTRD:

I will measure tonight and post.

I will be selling those rims shortly for a new set of staggered 19's or 20's hopefully soon. I really wish I held on to my stock rims and tires. :chairshot:

Revhard191

AristoTRD:

I will measure tonight and post.

I will be selling those rims shortly for a new set of staggered 19's or 20's hopefully soon. I really wish I held on to my stock rims and tires.  :chairshot:

Revhard191

what I meant was what inch drop did u do? :P

post-14433-1115826886_thumb.jpg

rOOKie

Dude, that is a clean GS!

I will need to measure my car today and post again, My pics are of my car on the lawn so you really can't see the whole drop. Like rOOkie, my car also sits on L-Tuned shocks and springs.

Revhard191

Here is a side shot of mine on 20s.

3146IMG_2045s.jpg

These are on Tein CS and can go a bit lower. I just like it at this height for a daily driver. I'd prefer it a little lower but we have to make compromises sometimes for practicality. :)

NEO

I really like the stance of your car, subtile touches but it really looks classy with the direction you took your car in. I am still undecided on which kit I want plus I am going to be ordering my CF widow wing and CF front spoiler hopefully by the end of the week. Your car inspired me when I first came to CL because I did not know that anyone had that color, since most of them were either Black, White or Silver. (I really wanted a Black one until I saw the Antique Bronze Mica.)

Revhard191

Your car inspired me when I first came to CL because I did not know that anyone had that color, since most of them were either Black, White or Silver. (I really wanted a Black one until I saw the Antique Bronze Mica.)

Glad to know I could return the favor. Another CL member was my initial inspiration that this color can be modded well. My mods are nothing like his but he proved to me it can be done. :)