Tire Rotation

LexusGuru

Hi! I bought my'05 RX330 about 2 weeks ago. Today my friend who works as a mechanic at my lexus dealer called me and told me that i should come a get my tires rotated because it is still within 30 days of the purchase date. Does anyone know why this is needed?

Just to note, when i received my car, the certificate of inspection was not signed, so i was just wondering that this might be because they did not check my car before i bought it. What do you guys think?

Thanks

Nevermind, i called up my friend again and he said it was a tire alignment. He said that when they ship the car, Lexus aligns the tires by computer, but he said to bring in the car so that they could align the tires by hand, which would lead to better tire life. It is free from lexus if done within 30 days of purchase. I takes about 4 hours so i would have to get a loaner. Should i do this or not?

Edited by LexusGuru

Tires should be rotated every 4000 to 6000 miles (all and four wheel-drive vehicle tires should be rotated more often than 2 wheel-drive vehicle tires), so I can't imagine why you were told to have your Rx's tires rotated so soon. Now if it were a used vehicle and they forgot to do this, I'd understand.

lexus will usually for the first year or 12,500 miles do alignment or wheel balancing at no cost. This in most cases was dealer error. forgot inspection , or someone took a piece out to test on another car and forgot to put it back, or last they delivered you an identical car but wrong vin#, there are several identical cars being picked up on the same day, have seen it where the salesmen didnt check the vin and delivered the wrong car, and it didnt get caught until the customer tried the spare keys. whatever it was they caught it and fixed it.