2006/2007 Es

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how accurate it is, but there is a rendering of the next ES posted here:

http://www.carspyshots.net/zerothread?id=14998

I think it looks quite nice. :)

Very intresting byo! Thanks for posting!! :D I've been looking forward to that for a long time now. One favor, any chance of enlarging that image to get a closer look? & is that the only 'spy shot' thus far? :unsure: B) Thanks again! :)

:cheers:

i don't like it as much as the ones out now.. :unsure:  oh well

I am reserving judgement untill some larger & frankly better pics are available from different angles. I have a feeling that back end is going to be modified to look much better than it does in this small pic. B)

The new ES will supposedly follow the same "L-finesse" design cues that were used on the new GS and IS. The first renderings of those cars were pretty extreme, but the production models were executed much less dramatically. I am assuming this will be the case with the new ES. I expect the front to be similar to the IS and GS, and the rear to be similar to the rendering, although much less "in your face."

The new ES will supposedly follow the same "L-finesse" design cues that were used on the new GS and IS.  The first renderings of those cars were pretty extreme, but the production models were executed much less dramatically.  I am assuming this will be the case with the new ES.  I expect the front to be similar to the IS and GS, and the rear to be similar to the rendering, although much less "in your face."

it is very "in your face" LOL good way to put it...

i just cant believe how many people bag on the ES without knowing jack about lexus. They call is "usless" and "lame" and should be "removed" from the line. Ive heard a few of my friends say that before and i really get on thier case. If they really understood what the car was about, then id understand..... but to some jack ol honda fan... they just dont see past going fast in strait line.

And it is one of the highest selling cars in its segment.

The new ES will supposedly follow the same "L-finesse" design cues that were used on the new GS and IS.  The first renderings of those cars were pretty extreme, but the production models were executed much less dramatically.  I am assuming this will be the case with the new ES.  I expect the front to be similar to the IS and GS, and the rear to be similar to the rendering, although much less "in your face."

Well said & very good points byo! Let's hope so. B)

I kinda like the drawing, much more exciting than the present ES IMO. One thing that is for sure, The next gen ES will be the last lexus vehicle to share a platform/styling with a toyota car. From here on out, Lexus will be designing totally independent of Toyota.

I kinda like the drawing, much more exciting than the present ES IMO.  One thing that is for sure, The next gen ES will be the last lexus vehicle to share a platform/styling with a toyota car.  From here on out, Lexus will be designing totally independent of Toyota.

Right, and thats why the GS and avalon are syblings. :chairshot:

Neil- Huh? The Avalon and the GS don't share anything...

As for platform sharing I have no reason to think Toyota will stop sharing platforms with Toyota, it wouldn't make sense. Everyone shares platforms.

oof. for some reason i though the avalon and gs platform was the same.

ACTUALLY, the representative at the North American Auto Show in Detroit told me that, While i filled out a JD power and associates survey for Lexus. Got some free goodies. But anyways, thats what she told me and i bought it then. But havent looked into it. :chairshot: = myself for believing her

As for platform sharing I have no reason to think Toyota will stop sharing platforms with Toyota, it wouldn't make sense. Everyone shares platforms.

Steve you confused me here, did you mean to say?:

As for platform sharing I have no reason to think Lexus will stop sharing platforms with Toyota, it wouldn't make sense.

I think at least powerplants will be shared.

steviej

Steve- You deciphered it lol.

Neil- No, she's wrong. The Avalon is on a stretched Camry platform (FWD) and is a totally different car than the GS which is on the Aristo platform and is RWD.

If the Avalon is shared with anything in the Lexus line its the ES, but its a good bit larger.

The 2005 Avalon is a brand new platform I think isn't it?  Not a modified platform of the 2000 - 2004 platform?  :unsure:    B)

the new avalon platform IS based* on the camry and ES frame. The front wheel drive. The new gs isn't alike at all...

based* = stretched LOL <-i checked it out and it's true. just stretched. ;)

I test drove the new avalon and desn't feel like a lexus. Looks like one a bit, but still doesn't feel like one. i can tell it's a toyota.

The 2005 Avalon is a brand new platform I think isn't it?  Not a modified platform of the 2000 - 2004 platform?   :unsure:    B)

the new avalon platform IS based* on the camry and ES frame. The front wheel drive. The new gs isn't alike at all...

I test drove the new avalon and desn't feel like a lexus. Looks like one a bit, but still doesn't feel like one. i can tell it's a toyota.

The avalon wins with comfort and roominess

the ES drawing is butt-ugly. literally. the style of the side windows is so 90's too. The design of the future is supposed to incorporate more curves, not straight lines.

and man, the more i look at my own es300, the more it looks like a ford taurus. :angry::angry::angry: :cries:

The 2005 Avalon is a brand new platform I think isn't it?  Not a modified platform of the 2000 - 2004 platform?   :unsure:    B)

I knew the new Avalon & GS share no platform or chassis underpinnings. B)

A Ford Taurus YouDon't? :blink: What year is yours? First time I have ever heard an ES insulted that way! :rolleyes: :P