Bluetooth Phone

4abal

:pirate: HELP,

Need advise on what PDA or POCKET PC type phone will work great with the 2005 GX470 nav unit. Anyone out there that has had luck with one of these phone types? If so, please list the phone type & the carrier that has your phone. Thanks :cries:

Just purchased a V551 phone to work with the GX. Could not find a PDA style phone that would mate well with the Hands Free system in the GX. It seems that all the PDA style phones I tryed, would either be recognized by the Lexus Bluetooth system & not transfer any phone book entries OR not be recognized at all by the cars Bluetooth. So, for Now- CINGULAR-Motorola V551 Bluetooth Flip Phone will have to suffice till the Bluetooth Market stabilizes and becomes more user friendly. The V551 Phone

1- Will mate with the GX-470 (2005) Bluetooth Nav unit

2- You can send & receive calls through the Nav unit & cars speakers.

3- You can transfer 1-phone book entry at a time (still playing with this)

4- Haven't figured out yet if the Nav unit allows inputing stored phone numbers MANUALLY- I dont think this is a option? If someone has more info on inputing a phone number MANUALLY & STORING IT, would sure like to know how!!!!

:chairshot:

! piece of ADVICE- If considering a bluetooth phone-

Take the car to the Cell Phone place, and have the salesmen bring a SECOND phone with him to the car along with the phone your thinking of buying. He'll use his second phone to test receiving & sending calls from the New Phone through the Cars Bluetooth. Also have him input some phone numbers in the phone you want to buy & see if it will transfer the phone numbers to the cars Nav unit. I drove numerous salesmen crazy I'm sure, but when I got home I knew what I was getting!!!!

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...00&hl=bluetooth

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...92&hl=bluetooth

BTW, there's a search box on the bottom of any forum if you have any more questions, just type in a word that pertains to any inquiry. ;)

personally, (don't have an 05 GX though) if the PalmOne Treo 650 works now with the bluetooth system of the GX, go for that if your leaning towards PDA phones. ;) :cheers:

personally, (don't have an 05 GX though) if the PalmOne Treo 650 works now with the bluetooth system of the GX, go for that if your leaning towards PDA phones.  ;)  :cheers:

If you don't have an 05 GX, how do you know the Treo works now? I have an 05 GX and I've tried my friends Treo 650 with two of the latest Treo/Palm patches and it won't associate with the car. I have a Nokia 6820 that works great with the car. Before you go out an spend $350-$500 for a Treo I'd recommend that you test it with the car to make sure it actually works.

personally, (don't have an 05 GX though) if the PalmOne Treo 650 works now with the bluetooth system of the GX, go for that if your leaning towards PDA phones.  ;)  :cheers:

If you don't have an 05 GX, how do you know the Treo works now?

That's why the keyword is IF it would work. (read the statement again). few months back, heard it doesn't work hand in hand but they are trying to get a fix for it soon, which i wouldn't be surprised if it would work now.

If you don't have an 05 GX, how do you know the Treo works now?  I have an 05 GX and I've tried my friends Treo 650 with two of the latest Treo/Palm patches and it won't associate with the car.  I have a Nokia 6820 that works great with the car.  Before you go out an spend $350-$500 for a Treo I'd recommend that you test it with the car to make sure it actually works.

I have a Treo 650, and after installing a bluetooth patch on the phone, it works ok with my '05 GX 470 with Nav. I was able to upload the address book without issue. The only thing was during the pairing process, the nav screen never said it had completed pairing. But it had, and was ok. Also, the signal indicator doesn't appear to work, and with an incoming call, the phone rings, the stereo gets muted, but nothing comes out of the stereo speakers (I'd expect a ring).

Overall, tho, I love it.

Mark

Using Motorola Mpx220 Smartphone with my '05 GX. Only glitch is can only transfer a single contact at a time into the cars phonebook. Otherwise it works great. Service through any GSM (Cingular, TMobile, ATT)

• 2 weeks later...
Using Motorola Mpx220 Smartphone with my '05 GX.  Only glitch is can only transfer a single contact at a time into the cars phonebook.  Otherwise it works great.  Service through any GSM (Cingular, TMobile, ATT)

Thanks- The local Cingular stores in my area said the MPX220 was being discontinued and they could not get ahold of one-so Im using a Motorola V551, which connects to the 05-GX470 just fine. Transfering 1 phone book entry at a time is a pain, but it seems all the cell phones Ive read about on line have this inconvience also. :whistles:

Using Motorola Mpx220 Smartphone with my '05 GX.  Only glitch is can only transfer a single contact at a time into the cars phonebook.  Otherwise it works great.  Service through any GSM (Cingular, TMobile, ATT)

Thanks- The local Cingular stores in my area said the MPX220 was being discontinued and they could not get ahold of one-so Im using a Motorola V551, which connects to the 05-GX470 just fine. Transfering 1 phone book entry at a time is a pain, but it seems all the cell phones Ive read about on line have this inconvience also.:whistles:

glad you got a phone for "your GX" now! ;)

• 7 months later...

...4- Haven't figured out yet if the Nav unit allows inputing stored phone numbers MANUALLY- I dont think this is a option? If someone has more info on inputing a phone number MANUALLY & STORING IT, would sure like to know how!!!!...

You are not able to input any numbers manually except on the the new 06 IS models with the new 06 navigation system. Everything prior must be transfered via bluetooth