Lexus Radar Detector?

jetdriver1975

Hello, I'm learning more and more about my 99 RX300 everyday - I just discovered that the dealer apparently installed some type of internal radar detector shortly after the original owner purchased the vehicle. I also have a non-lexus type switch located on the driver side console under the shift lever and it activates a light that was installed on the instrument/gauge housing. It has a light in the middle that turns amber or green depending on the switch position and a red LED light on each side of the light. It kind of beeps when I turn the switch on, kind of like a radar detector. Also, the receipt said it was a K40 w/ laser. I was wondering if this was it, and if so, does anyone know anything about it - like, what the signals are and its capabilities...

Thanks for reading my rather verbous description.

Anyone's input would be greatly appreciated - thanks again -

Robin

We had the company try to sell us on the product line but they were really expensive to start. From what I hear from two of our customers who had lets just say german made autos before buying a quality ride swear by them. THey claim they pickup on all spectroms of radar and various devices that the police use to track speed. there were two different models they offered the standard and the deluxe model both are intregated into the car so very little is seen. The easiest way to check is look at the front and rear bumper usually fitted to lic.plate area it looks like a thick black plastic piece with an ledtype area that is best described as the front of a tv remote kinda clear red but cant see into the deluxe model covered both front and rear of car for full coverage the standard model protected rear only. Hope that helps

:ph34r: lexus guy goto favorite search engine and type in K40 radar defuser and that should pull up more info for you real popular in europeeon cars.

Hello, I'm learning more and more about my 99 RX300 everyday - I just discovered that the dealer apparently installed some type of internal radar detector shortly after the original owner purchased the vehicle. I also have a non-lexus type switch located on the driver side console under the shift lever and it activates a light that was installed on the instrument/gauge housing. It has a light in the middle that turns amber or green depending on the switch position and a red LED light on each side of the light. It kind of beeps when I turn the switch on, kind of like a radar detector. Also, the receipt said it was a K40 w/ laser. I was wondering if this was it, and if so, does anyone know anything about it - like, what the signals are and its capabilities...

Robin

It must be some thing else. Lexus has never and will never sell a factory radar detector. Due to legal reasons. You should find out from the dealer that you got your RX from and find out what type of thing it is..

Hello,  I'm learning more and more about my 99 RX300 everyday - I just discovered that the dealer apparently installed some type of internal radar detector shortly after the original owner purchased the vehicle.  I also have a non-lexus type switch located on the driver side console under the shift lever and it activates a light that was installed on the instrument/gauge housing.  It has a light in the middle that turns amber or green depending on the switch position and a red LED light on each side of the light.  It kind of beeps when I turn the switch on, kind of like a radar detector.  Also, the receipt said it was a K40 w/ laser.  I was wondering if this was it, and if so, does anyone know anything about it - like, what the signals are and its capabilities... 

Robin

It must be some thing else. Lexus has never and will never sell a factory radar detector. Due to legal reasons. You should find out from the dealer that you got your RX from and find out what type of thing it is..

why "must it be something else"

if the dealer said they did it then they did it

right?

dealers work with a profit margin if it has a good enough one why would they not sell one?

in a state that allows it