Mushy Brakes?

Harley

Has anyone had an experience where they've had to slam on their brakes, and the break pad goes all the way down but the break does not engage until literally a second later?

It's never happened to my husband or me until yesterday. We could not replicate it aftewards. I was just curious if anyone else had had that experience.

Has anyone had an experience where they've had to slam on their brakes, and the break pad goes all the way down but the break does not engage until literally a second later? 

It's never happened to my husband or me until yesterday.  We could not replicate it aftewards.  I was just curious if anyone else had had that experience.

do you mean " the brake "pedal" goes all the way down but the brake doesn't engage?" Or brake 'pad" The pad is the part on the rotar...

Sorry, let me clarify. My husband slammed on the break pedal because someone cut us off. The pedal went all the way to the floor board, but the car did not seem like it was trying to stop. It only tried to stop a full second or so after he stepped on the break pedal.

Sorry, let me clarify.  My husband slammed on the break pedal because someone cut us off.  The pedal went all the way to the floor board, but the car did not seem like it was trying to stop.  It only tried to stop a full second or so after he stepped on the break pedal.

Last year i found out that brake fluid was really important LOL.......In my wife's 03 gs430 the brake fluid "somehow" leaked out...?!?..I was on the highway and tried to stop and nothing happened....the pedal went down as normal (i think) but it didn't stop.....The brakes were good, there just wasn't any pressure TO the brakes to make the car stop....check the brake fluid to make sure....I don't think your fluid is low b/c don't you seen a lamp in the cluster saying you have low fluids?

Does it work fine now? There might have been air in the line too......I'm not very fimiliar with this topic; just trying to help a bit.... More help?? LOL

It's never happened to my husband or me until yesterday.  We could not replicate it aftewards.  I was just curious if anyone else had had that experience.

There is a recall for the power booster. Had similar problem. It was on the Canada made RX330 series.

What year is your RX330, RX's brake fluid is hygroscopic, which means it attracts up to 3% of water per year. Water boils in brake calipers when the brake get hot and you will have air in the system. Pushing brake pedal to the floor is not a good sign. Check your brake fluid level like Lexkid says and make sure there is no leak. Also if it is more than two years, you need to flush the old fluid.

What year is your RX330, RX's brake fluid is hygroscopic, which means it attracts up to 3% of water per year. Water boils in brake calipers when the brake get hot and you will have air in the system. Pushing brake pedal to the floor is not a good sign. Check your brake fluid level like Lexkid says and make sure there is no leak. Also if it is more than two years, you need to flush the old fluid.

that's my best suggestion; air in the line is the best idea i can think of that would have prevented the brakes from not working only ONCE...As soon as the air was pushed out, it would work fine....

You mentioned above there was a recall on the Canadien RX330.

I was wondering if there is a "Recall" forum on this site that simply lists all recalls applicable to the RX300/RX330/RX400H, with URL links to the Lexus or goverment recall site.

Just wondering,

-Dave

You mentioned above there was a recall on the Canadien RX330.

I was wondering if there is a "Recall" forum on this site that simply lists all recalls applicable to the RX300/RX330/RX400H, with URL links to the Lexus or goverment recall site.

Just wondering,

-Dave

TSIB-00504 Brake Booster

and some more for you

TSB#NV007-04

NV4012 Dash rattle repair '04 RX 330

NV4012A

NV4012B

NV4012C

NV4012D

NV4012E

NV4012F

Another common problem on RX330 is wind noise when front windows are fully up (check other RX330 forum). My dealer fixes my RX wind noise problem with the following kits:

TSB NV008-04

NV4013 Front door wind noise improv '04-'05 RX 330

68171-48032 Weatherstrip, Fr Door

68172-48032 Weatherstrip, Fr Door

NV4013A '04-'05 RX 330