The Switch To A Lexus

oh yea, being 6'3", i was hoping i would even fit.  Seems I have about .5" left of headroom.

I feel sorry for you...being so tall in an ES. lol I'm 6'4, and I only lasted about 5 months in the ES as my daily driver. Headroom was ok, but the legroom was crippling. I moved on to a '95 LS which is a little bigger, but not what I'd expect for a tank this size, so I'm going to have the car modified to better accommodate me and my legs! lol

What brought me to Lexus? Safety, quality, style, and longevity.

oh yea, being 6'3", i was hoping i would even fit.  Seems I have about .5" left of headroom.

I feel sorry for you...being so tall in an ES. lol I'm 6'4, and I only lasted about 5 months in the ES as my daily driver. Headroom was ok, but the legroom was crippling. I moved on to a '95 LS which is a little bigger, but not what I'd expect for a tank this size, so I'm going to have the car modified to better accommodate me and my legs! lol

What brought me to Lexus? Safety, quality, style, and longevity.

the safety is another BIG reason for me; Lexus is the only car when buying, i don't even have to ask the salesman if it's safe LOL It always is... ;)

My 2 cents: After having buying a brand new chevy tahoe for $35K in 1997 I moved in to the Lexus LS 400 in 2001 and have not looked back. Nothing but problems with the tahoe (good thing for the factory warranty). I bought my 400 used (it too was a 97 but bought it in 01) and am pleased as punch with it all. Even a few minor issues but NOTHING like the tahoe. I have never had a problem with my 400 (knock on wood & my head) and am stiill to this day impressed with the ride & comfort of an almost 10 year old vehicle. I wouldn't know what other lexus to get if i got another.

Anyway, I am a "triple L" (no, not loser).... a Loyal Lexus Lover.

Seriously, anyone considering a Lexus can't go wrong.

Thats just my 2 cents (any change coming my way?......)

My 2 cents:  After having buying a brand new chevy tahoe for $35K in 1997 I moved in to the Lexus LS 400 in 2001 and have not looked back.  Nothing but problems with the tahoe (good thing for the factory warranty).  I bought my 400 used (it too was a 97 but bought it in 01) and am pleased as punch with it all.  Even a few minor issues but NOTHING like the tahoe.  I have never had a problem with my 400 (knock on wood & my head) and am stiill to this day impressed with the ride & comfort of an almost 10 year old vehicle.  I wouldn't know what other lexus to get if i got another. 

Anyway, I am a "triple L"  (no, not loser)....  a  Loyal Lexus Lover.

Seriously, anyone considering a Lexus can't go wrong.

Thats just my 2 cents (any change coming my way?......)

i have nothing bad to say about lexus' except for the rx300 ;)

LEXKID630, This is response to your question of what was my first Lexus? It was a 1990 LS400 full spec, bought it used in 1993. This car was full loaded. My friend bought his new in 1991 & by 1993 I had to have one. Sold it to my co-workers friend & she's still driving it with almost 200,000 miles on it. Wish I still owned it.

LEXKID630, This is response to your question of what was my first Lexus?  It was a 1990 LS400 full spec, bought it used in 1993.  This car was full loaded.  My friend bought his new in 1991 & by 1993 I had to have one.  Sold it to my co-workers friend & she's still driving it with almost 200,000 miles on it.  Wish I still owned it.

i love lexus' ;) The Ls was my 1st too...

I bought my ES300 after my beloved Acura Legend Coupe started to die. The Legend was more fun to drive than my ES, but I do not regret my decision. Recently, I have testdriven a 2006 GS430, Accord Hybrid and a 2001 MB E55 AMG. I am thinking of trading in the ES soon. Why the Accord, you ask? We just bought a 2005 Toyota Prius and the hybrid bug has bitten me a bit....BUT, the unholy acceleration of the E55 AMG is SO addictive...frightning, yes, but exhilerating!

LexKid630: damn, you have too many nice automobiles, my friend. Give me one? :whistles:

I was looking for a nice 4-door car when I found mine. I actually was doing a search for an Accord but mine happened to be mixed in to the search because the word accordingly was in the ad, and it was cheaper and has 1/2 the miles of the accords I was looking at.

Had an Infiniti I30 since 2000. Needed a new car but when I went back to Infiniti, the interiors were so bad (industrial looking plastic). Also, their NAV system wasn't the best.

Looked at Mercedes and it was a lot of money for a car with questionable reliability.

Went to the BMW lot... Their SUV's drove too much like a truck and their cars aren't that impressive to me.

Looked at Lexus and that was the end. Everything I needed. Great NAV system, great reliability and resale. :cheers:

I had just gotten divorced and went car shopping with a friend. I still had the "sensible dad/husband" cap on my head and almost went with a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry. Also, mid life hadn't hit me (probably won't for a while! lol) and I still have two daughters who I remain close with and see often...so I needed something with a back seat!

But thanks (and I mean it) to my good friend, he reminded me that even though I was a dad, I was now single and needed something that I would look great in and make the transition into the single scene, and, yes, deliver great service.

First stop: Lexus. Best car I ever had.

'Nuff said...

JJ

I had just gotten divorced and went car shopping with a friend. I still had the "sensible dad/husband" cap on my head and almost went with a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry. Also, mid life hadn't hit me (probably won't for a while! lol) and I still have two daughters who I remain close with and see often...so I needed something with a back seat!

But thanks (and I mean it) to my good friend, he reminded me that even though I was a dad, I was now single and needed something that I would look great in and make the transition into the single scene, and,  yes, deliver great service.

First stop: Lexus. Best car I ever had.

'Nuff said...

JJ

You can't beat their reliablility ;)

Had an Infiniti I30 since 2000. Needed a new car but when I went back to Infiniti, the interiors were so bad (industrial looking plastic). Also, their NAV system wasn't the best.

Looked at Mercedes and it was a lot of money for a car with questionable reliability.

Went to the BMW lot... Their SUV's drove too much like a truck and their cars aren't that impressive to me.

Looked at Lexus and that was the end. Everything I needed.  Great NAV system, great reliability and resale.  :cheers:

in my opinion the BMW suv's are bad too!! My 745Li is WONDERFUL but their suv's are horrible. It's like driving on a bumpy rolercoaster....I have NOTHING bad to say about the 7 series though..

And i never had an infinity!! How are they compaired to Lexus/Toyota? Thi interiors are bad? figures; Nissan <-horrible too ;) had an Xterra for a week LOL

I have always wanted a Lexus! I did the smart thing and asked my mechanic of 10 years what cars out of BMW, Mercedes Benz, and Lexus would he choose. Seeing as how he would be working on it, he chose the Lexus. I have not looked back since that great advice. My Lexus is my dream car, and every day I know that wherever I need to go, it will get me there safely!! Living in the midwest the winters will kill ya!!! So needless to say this is my first Lexus (2001 ES Coach Edition), but it is not my last!!

Nobody has been any more critical of the Japanese than I am. I was involved in the auto industry for 30 years and looked with dismay at the inroads that they made in the American market. I always swore that no matter what, I would never own a Japanese built car. A number of factors were instrumental in changing my mind. With American auto manufacturers owning Japanese companies and more Japanese cars being built in the US, you really can’t say what is made here and what is made “there.” My last car was a Ford Taurus SHO. Fun car to drive, rock solid engine but the rest of the car was a real P.O.S. In the seven years I owned the car, not counting routine maintenance, I spent over 8K fixing things that shouldn’t have broken in the first place. I have invested ¾ of the price of my GS430 in an old SHO.

I looked at and drove BMW’s, Mercedes Benz and Audi’s. Did research on service and reliability, looked at Acura, Nissan, Toyota and Infinity, drove all of them. Researched the Lexus, drove an ES300 and an SC400. First and foremost, the car has to feel right behind the wheel. The SC400 came close, the GS430 was exactly it. The fact that the Lexus has an absolutely stellar reliability record and extremely low depreciation sold me. It’s not the fastest or best handling car I have ever owned, but it is the only car that combines both on one platform. I am constantly surprised by their attention to detail. The bottom line is, it’s my money and I am going to damn well attempt to get the best value for it that I can. Lexus seems to fill the bill in that respect.

Nobody has been any more critical of the Japanese than I am. I was  involved in the auto industry for 30 years and looked with dismay at the inroads that they made  in the American market. I always swore that no matter what, I would never own a Japanese built car. A number of factors were instrumental in changing my mind. With American auto manufacturers owning Japanese companies and more Japanese cars being built in the US, you really can’t say what is made here and what is made “there.” My last car was a Ford Taurus SHO. Fun car to drive, rock solid engine but the rest of the car was a real P.O.S. In the seven years I owned the car, not counting routine maintenance, I spent over 8K fixing things that shouldn’t have broken in the first place. I have invested ¾ of the price of my GS430 in an old SHO.

I looked at and drove BMW’s, Mercedes Benz and Audi’s. Did research on  service and reliability, looked at Acura, Nissan, Toyota and Infinity, drove all of them. Researched the Lexus, drove an ES300 and an SC400. First and foremost, the car has to feel right behind the wheel. The SC400 came close, the GS430 was exactly it. The fact that the Lexus has an absolutely stellar reliability record and extremely low depreciation sold me. It’s not the fastest or best handling car I have ever owned, but it is the only car that combines both on one platform. I am constantly surprised by their attention to detail. The bottom line is, it’s my money and I am going to damn well attempt to get the best value for it that I can. Lexus seems to fill the bill in that respect.

couldn't have said it better ;)

in my opinion the BMW suv's are bad too!! My 745Li is WONDERFUL but their suv's are horrible. It's like driving on a bumpy rolercoaster....I have NOTHING bad to say about the 7 series though..

And i never had an infinity!! How are they compaired to Lexus/Toyota? Thi interiors are bad? figures; Nissan <-horrible too  ;) had an Xterra for a week LOL

My Infiniti was OK. Its hard to compare since it was a 2000 and my Lexus is a 2005. The only problem I had with it was that the #5 cylinder stopped firing twice and had to have the whole wiring and firing mechanism replaced. Not a big deal since it was covered by warranty and they always gave a nice loaner car. The bad thing was that since only 5 cylinders were firing, I looked like I drove a POS as it shakes and rattles at the stoplights on the way to the dealership.

Personally, I liked the interior of my 2000 Infiniti better than the 2005 models. They tried to make it all 'industrial'. Not nearly as classy as the Lexus. Also, over the 5 year period, the dealership turned into one of those 'let me run this by my manager' type places. I HATE those. Tell me the price one time and I'll either walk or buy. I don't have time for a stream of high pressure miscreants to act like my 'friend' as long as they think I'll buy today then walk away in disgust when you say you want to think about it. I realize they have to make a living but, damn, how do they sleep at night?

Went to Lexus 3 times. The price was the same with NO pressure. They let me test drive it repeatedly and never hit me with a "whats it gonna take to get you into this car today'

And i never had an infinity!! How are they compaired to Lexus/Toyota? Thi interiors are bad? figures; Nissan <-horrible too  ;) had an Xterra for a week LOL

My Infiniti was OK. Its hard to compare since it was a 2000 and my Lexus is a 2005. The only problem I had with it was that the #5 cylinder stopped firing twice and had to have the whole wiring and firing mechanism replaced. Not a big deal since it was covered by warranty and they always gave a nice loaner car. The bad thing was that since only 5 cylinders were firing, I looked like I drove a POS as it shakes and rattles at the stoplights on the way to the dealership.

Personally, I liked the interior of my 2000 Infiniti better than the 2005 models. They tried to make it all 'industrial'. Not nearly as classy as the Lexus. Also, over the 5 year period, the dealership turned into one of those 'let me run this by my manager' type places. I HATE those. Tell me the price one time and I'll either walk or buy. I don't have time for a stream of high pressure miscreants to act like my 'friend' as long as they think I'll buy today then walk away in disgust when you say you want to think about it. I realize they have to make a living but, damn, how do they sleep at night?

Went to Lexus 3 times. The price was the same with NO pressure. They let me test drive it repeatedly and never hit me with a "whats it gonna take to get you into this car today'

most dealers are like this; i hate it LOL